Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you eaten today? page 26

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think the Paleo umbrella is large enough to have a spectrum of many eating styles, sugar-eaters included. Primal is just a flavor of Paleo, just as PHD is another flavor.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Haha, yeah. They got to me! He wouldn't approve of the fish but I personally I can't accept that cold blooded living creatures are the same as veg oils.
    Yeah, I really like fish, so I am torn on that aspect, but luckily I love shellfish! I think Peat protocol is actually very Paleo; the only departure from other Paleo protocols is the sugar. But the recommendation comes as a supplement, not necessarily your main source of calories. Not much different than many other supplemental recommendations that serve their purpose.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Yeah, I really like fish, so I am torn on that aspect, but luckily I love shellfish! I think Peat protocol is actually very Paleo; the only departure from other Paleo protocols is the sugar. But the recommendation comes as a supplement, not necessarily your main source of calories. Not much different than many other supplemental recommendations that serve their purpose.
    I can't accept the fish thing... to me comparing fish to veg oils is like comparing white potatoes to white sliced bread

Sugar has become the new saturated fat, but that's a matter for another thread
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Actually had this yesterday but just have to brag a little. I had two pounds of crab legs,two dozen raw oysters,about 3/4 pound peel and eat shrimp and half a dozen small sushi rolls. This was a reward dinner for moving a very heavy sleeper sofa for my inlaws.
    Last edited by whitebear; 02-07-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Sefton is offline Member
    For my 4a.m. Breakfast.... 2 strips bacon, 3 eggs, 12oz. Coffee with cream, coconut oil and pinch of sugar.

lauraagnes is offline Junior Member
    Breakfast: can of tuna on green salad with lots of olive oil
    L: at work so bought roast fennel and orange salad from a stall nearby (I work in our cities fresh produce market- lucky me!) and had it with their homemade mayo (just egg yolk, olive oil salt and vinegar!)
    Snack: almond butter with cacao mixed in with a carrot, coffee with coconut oil in it
    Dinner: salmon and sweet potato patties, more mayo!

Super fish Friday!!

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    2oz 100% baking chocolate with 4 pieces of bacon and a tablespoon of ghee (sounds weird, but really delicious)
    3 eggs and a bratwurst sausage over sauteed cabbage
    Looking back, sort of a weird day of food...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Boiled eggs, Applegate farms hot dog, large top sirloin grilled steak, BAS -( cucumbers, grape tomatoes, romaine, carrot, green onions, cabbage, balsamic vinegar EVOO), hot chocolate (cocoa,coconut milk, stevia, water).

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Because posting pics is fun:

8485012156_8519153687.jpg

Two salmon fillets with white rice, assorted veggies and a glass of red wine.

8485033544_8bb65bd435.jpg

Coconut flour brownies - dark chic chip and coconut flavor - with frozen banana slices.

Om le freaking nom.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    L: Eggs and mushrooms with grilled ham and pumpkin. Nectarine with whipped cream. Truffle balls.
    S: Cheese.
    D: Sweet and sour pork steak with veges. Coleslaw. Strawberries and cream.

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast