My brother turned me onto the Primal Blueprint and MDA end of Dec12. It made sense to me. The more I read, the more I decided I was ready to adopt this new lifestyle. I've been fit most of my life, ice hockey, windsurfing, etc but the last 8 years I have been a couch potato, eating and drinking everything in sight. I had no incentive to change, didn't care really. I'm 64 yrs, 5'10" 235lbs. Doc put me on BP meds last year, I tried a no carbs diet, lost ten pounds, failed when my wife brought home a pizza. Afterwards I went straight back to 235. Tried running on a treadmill for 20mins a day, fail. After the chat with my brother, I adopted PB as my New Year's resolution. This is day 14 and I'm amazed at the results. Seriously! I'm not starving all the time, don't crave snacks, in fact I often skip a meal, I'm losing weight plus I haven't needed a single antacid, which I had been gobbling like candy.

I wasn't prepared for such quick results. I've incorporated pushups, squats and interval training, starting pull/chin ups this week. I have more energy, feel stronger and awaken each day excited to continue the journey. I've pretty much stuck to the primal diet except for my red wine, my remaining vice - I have a glass before dinner, a glass while I cook dinner, and a glass after dinner. I know, but everywhere else I'm primal. Anyhow, I'm excited to find this site, my fellow startups and my sincere gratitude to Mark S. for the lessons, history, guidance, support and incentive!

j