Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just a random bounce-off-the-back-of-my-brain thought here. If ketogenic diets are showing to be helpful in things like epilepsy and cancer (and other 'modern' disorders and diseases), and the science of fasting is showing that autophagy is a healthy thing to do to one's body on occasion, and once upon a time, humans had to rely on what was available depending on season (so sometimes they feasted and sometimes they fasted), it all sort of ties in. Perhaps, aside from genetically screwing with the food supply, many of our health problems stem from an overabundance of food.

IOW, whether CW or Paleo or everything in between, maybe we'd all be healthier if one month out of the year (or some scientifically arrived upon time period), we ate nothing but a small hunk of cheese and a handful of white rice (again just a random selection of on my part) each day.

Of course, it's two in the morning, and I may wonder what the hell I was thinking come light of day. But it sort of makes sense right now.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 01-16-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just a random bounce-off-the-back-of-my-brain thought here. If ketogenic diets are showing to be helpful in things like epilepsy and cancer (and other 'modern' disorders and diseases), and the science of fasting is showing that autophagy is a healthy thing to do to one's body on occasion, and once upon a time, humans had to rely on what was available depending on season (so sometimes they feasted and sometimes they fasted), it all sort of ties in. Perhaps, aside from genetically screwing with the food supply, many of our health problems stem from an overabundance of food.

IOW, whether CW or Paleo or everything in between, maybe we'd all be healthier if one month out of the year (or some scientifically arrived upon time period), we ate nothing but a small hunk of cheese and a handful of white rice (again just a random selection of on my part) each day.

Of course, it's two in the morning, and I may wonder what the hell I was thinking come light of day. But it sort of makes sense right now.
    Overabundance 24/7/365. When hunting is whipping out the debit card at the grocery store and foraging means opening the fridge. Yep, Grok has gone soft.

samknox is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kdatyeva View Post
    Hello All -
    Just read this article on how cutting out carbohydrates helps to treat cancer. Interesting study..
    Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery - Health & Science - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
    Here's a good write-up from the Nutrition and Metabolism Journal:

Nutrition & Metabolism | Full text | Is there a role for carbohydrate restriction in the treatment and prevention of cancer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12