Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Cure tooth decay

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,951

    Cure tooth decay

    I have made a thread about teeth before, I do have a cavity phobia, I remember brushing 4x times a day and using listerine twice a day before primal.

    Yesterday I discovered a small brownish spot on my tooth next to my front teeth. Not sure what it is and how long it has been there but it could be a cavity.
    I am going to try this "tooth decay diet(?)". The book hasn't arrived yet.

    I don't exactly know when my next dentist appointment is. But I will give this a a try.

    I will be eating:

    Beef liver
    Cod liver (not oil, the actual liver)
    Muscle meat
    Eggs
    Raw butter
    Raw cheese
    Calcium
    Vitamin D3
    Vegetables
    No (fruit) sugar

    Track all my vitamins, minerals etc daily.

    I'm curious where this is going to go. If it works I will feel awesome.
    Last edited by Gadsie; 01-14-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    well then

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    593
    I have a small brown spot on my front tooth, but it's because a bit of enamel chipped off while I was sleeping due to grinding or some other purely mechanical trauma. If you have good dental hygiene it's hard to believe you'd have a cavity on a spot you can clean so easily (that's certainly what I thought when I noticed the spot on my tooth).

    So maybe it's not a cavity at all!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I have made a thread about teeth before, I do have a cavity phobia, I remember brushing 4x times a day and using listerine twice a day before primal.

    Yesterday I discovered a small brownish spot on my tooth next to my front teeth. Not sure what it is and how long it has been there but it could be a cavity.
    I am going to try this "tooth decay diet(?)". The book hasn't arrived yet.

    I don't exactly know when my next dentist appointment is. But I will give this a a try.

    I will be eating:

    Beef liver
    Cod liver (not oil, the actual liver)
    Muscle meat
    Eggs
    Raw butter
    Raw cheese
    Calcium
    Vitamin D3
    Vegetables
    No (fruit) sugar

    Track all my vitamins, minerals etc daily.

    I'm curious where this is going to go. If it works I will feel awesome.
    I don't think the brown spot's a cavity. You are prone to hyperbole.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I don't think the brown spot's a cavity. You are prone to hyperbole.
    Hyperbole probably means something like overreact?
    I don't know, when i touch it with a toothpick I can feel it's deeper than the rest of my tooth.
    well then

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Hyperbole probably means something like overreact?
    I don't know, when i touch it with a toothpick I can feel it's deeper than the rest of my tooth.
    That sounds like you chipped it. Even if it's really sensitive (since you're poking exposed dentin), that's ok. Just keep up your normal brushing habits and eating well, you'll be fine. When I asked about mine last time I was at the dentist, he said he didn't think it was worth trying to correct.

    I like going to the dentist. I get so many compliments, you'd think they'd never seen someone who flossed before.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,514
    Brown spots on your teeth are not indicative of cavities. But do take care of your teeth. My teeth are pretty bad. I had extensive dental work, and now I can barely chew my food and am in pain all the time. I think dentists are charlatans, so anything you can do to stay away from them is good.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think dentists are charlatans, so anything you can do to stay away from them is good.
    +1000. The less scrupulous ones even drill and fill cavities that are small enough to correct themselves with proper diet. Because it's billable. Ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    +1000. The less scrupulous ones even drill and fill cavities that are small enough to correct themselves with proper diet. Because it's billable. Ridiculous.
    This interests me. The entire thread interests me, actually. Teeth can repair themselves, then? A cavity can self-repair? Can those of you with knowledge in this area elaborate? I don't see a dentist often and have wondered for years why my teeth seem to continue to be fine when I was told years ago I needed 4 crowns or would shortly need 4 root canals.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

    Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Brown spots on your teeth are not indicative of cavities. But do take care of your teeth. My teeth are pretty bad. I had extensive dental work, and now I can barely chew my food and am in pain all the time. I think dentists are charlatans, so anything you can do to stay away from them is good.
    Unfortunately I will be having 6 more appointments in my life. That's when I'm 18 and can decide for myself. Luckily my dentist doesn't do weird stuff besides filling.
    well then

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1
    You could be having a cavity and you are doing the right thing trying to stop it and reverse the tooth decay procedure. I have read the book “Cure tooth decay” by Ramiel Nagel, the one you ordered. This book is an excellent source of dealing with tooth decay naturally. The author of this book has explained that tooth decay is caused by poor nutrition and therefore he recommends diet which is rich in nutrients like vitamin D, calcium; phosphorus, potassium and other minerals. These nutrients make teeth strong and resistant against decay. You mentioned the list of food that the author has recommended. These foods will strengthen your teeth and reverse the decay if there is any. You are on the right track with this cure tooth decay regimen. For others I would suggest they should visit this website for more informationhttp://www.curetoothdecay.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •