Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cure tooth decay page 3

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm suprised no one added oil-pulling!

Do this every day preferably on empty stomach: take a Tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil or sesame oil, swish it in your mouth for 20mn (the first time, it won't be obvious but you get quickly used to it), don't swallow any of it!!! It will quickly get full of bacteria from your mouth (the ones that usually stick to your teeth and tongue). After 20mn or so (can be 30mn), spit out the fat and saliva mix. I would suggest a garbage can rather than a sink because you may clog the drain pipe with the accumulation of fatty stuff over time. I can tell you, your teeth and mouth will feel renewed. Do this consistently for some months and you may even get whiter teeth

Otherwise, you can also add xylitol and erythritol to your diet. Note that there seems to be a link between gut and mouth health. If you have your gut populated by beneficial bacteria, your mouth health will be improved as well. And this might explain why Knifegill had not had much success with this diet: he had ditched fermentable carbs all this time (until recently I believe).

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I want to see ANY evidence.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I want to see ANY evidence.
    Just try it and see if it works.

Personally, I had bad teeth but my diet was full of crap until about 2 years ago. I had never heard of resistant starches, prebiotics, etc. I went just like you: upped my consumption of liver, egg, butter, etc, eliminated refined sugar, gluten, and decreased starches to a minimal for a while. It was some sort of low carb regimen but it did not last very long, maybe 3 months, in order to fix up my weight and get rid of visceral fat (it went fast and I was happy) but being starch kind of guy, I could not keep this version of LC and re-added potatoes, rice almost daily and some quinoa, buckwheat and even beans once in a while. Then I added fermented cod liver oil daily, and then resistant starch supplementation. Teeth and mouth feel great! I don't have to brush them very often (like 3 x day), and I don't have to use toothpaste at all. I do brush lightly once a day for removing debris, that's about all. for the first time in my life, my teeth feel smooth and strong. I added oil-pulling for a while and it felt even better.

Anyway, that is my experience and you don't have to see it as objective evidence. Just try it and see for yourself.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i've been using coconut oil as "mouthwash" about a year now. i don't swish as long as for "pulling", though, maybe 5 minutes. and YES! my mouth and gums feel amazing after.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123