Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure tooth decay page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    That diet can't hurt, even if it doesn't fix your tooth.

You could try a remineralization regimen. The Wellness Mama blog has a few posts about that and a toothpaste recipe. I've been doing my own version of her toothpaste and a brown spot I had on the edge of my tooth next to one of my top front teeth (I have gappy teeth on top) has become noticeably smaller.

And use a soft tooth brush.
    I had actually checke that out, but they're talking about some product you need to buy, this toothdsoap. I don't have that here in the netherlands.
    Billie trips balls

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    +1000. The less scrupulous ones even drill and fill cavities that are small enough to correct themselves with proper diet. Because it's billable. Ridiculous.
    This interests me. The entire thread interests me, actually. Teeth can repair themselves, then? A cavity can self-repair? Can those of you with knowledge in this area elaborate? I don't see a dentist often and have wondered for years why my teeth seem to continue to be fine when I was told years ago I needed 4 crowns or would shortly need 4 root canals.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I had actually checke that out, but they're talking about some product you need to buy, this toothdsoap. I don't have that here in the netherlands.
    You don't have to use the toothsoap powder. I don't. There's a recipe there, 1 part baking soda, 1 part calcium powder (I use dolomite powder or ground up egg shells), 1 part xylitol, some liquid castille soap (if you want), some peppermint oil (if you want), and mixed with 2-3 part CO to make it "set." I ordered everything (except the baking soda) off the internet. Pretty sure you could get it all off amazon.de.

That's what I use, and have had good results.

Georgette Pergola is offline Junior Member
    There is nothing that can reverse decay that has penetrated the enamel and has reached the dentin layer beneath it. The products that best prevent decay, and can POSSIBLY reverse very early, incipient lesions contain flouride or ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate). Your best prevention is brushing with a flouride-containing dentifrice, flossing regularly, refraining from sugar consumption and seeing your dental professional regularly for exams and maintenance. Early caries can be repaired with minimal "drilling", or the use of lasers if indicated, and filling. Home remedies may only delay the inevitable and perhaps result in tooth loss. MOST dentists I know do NOT "drill" just to bill the patient. Our goal is prevention and over-all health care. A "sick" mouth adversly affects general health. You need healthy teeth for this paleo lifestyle- it would not be enjoyable to sip your steal through a straw!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea what the brown spot may be, but for a good dental and oral health I'd recommend a good brushing twice a day and flossing very often. That along with good, low-sugar diet will keep you away from the dentist for a while. Of course, to some extent dental health is genetic.
    I have always been good about taking care of my teeth, and at 34 I have had only minimal amount of work done, even with problem teeth in my family.

Nadya is offline Junior Member
    You could be having a cavity and you are doing the right thing trying to stop it and reverse the tooth decay procedure. I have read the book “Cure tooth decay” by Ramiel Nagel, the one you ordered. This book is an excellent source of dealing with tooth decay naturally. The author of this book has explained that tooth decay is caused by poor nutrition and therefore he recommends diet which is rich in nutrients like vitamin D, calcium; phosphorus, potassium and other minerals. These nutrients make teeth strong and resistant against decay. You mentioned the list of food that the author has recommended. These foods will strengthen your teeth and reverse the decay if there is any. You are on the right track with this cure tooth decay regimen. For others I would suggest they should visit this website for more informationhttp://www.curetoothdecay.com/

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgette Pergola View Post
    There is nothing that can reverse decay that has penetrated the enamel and has reached the dentin layer beneath it. The products that best prevent decay, and can POSSIBLY reverse very early, incipient lesions contain flouride or ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate). Your best prevention is brushing with a flouride-containing dentifrice, flossing regularly, refraining from sugar consumption and seeing your dental professional regularly for exams and maintenance. Early caries can be repaired with minimal "drilling", or the use of lasers if indicated, and filling. Home remedies may only delay the inevitable and perhaps result in tooth loss. MOST dentists I know do NOT "drill" just to bill the patient. Our goal is prevention and over-all health care. A "sick" mouth adversly affects general health. You need healthy teeth for this paleo lifestyle- it would not be enjoyable to sip your steal through a straw!
    Ever heard of Weston A Price?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

dawn297 is offline Junior Member
    I second the Weston Price info and the Cure tooth decay book and Welness Mama. They are basically the same thing. In fact they basically describe most of your protocol.
    When I was a kid I had pretty teeth, but at the age of 21 a dentist in my country discovered (and filled) 3 cavities and right afterwards I moved to the Netherlands (ha! coincidence) to go to the dentist the next week and he discovered 9 more cavities. I had nightmares about that. Next year I had no more enamel because it was a hot summer and people forget to mention that if you drink a lot of soda that well, that's the result. I had terrible teeth sensitivity, couldn't drink anymore hot or cold stuff.

Until that is I discovered Paleo and then Weston Price. What I did for a year (and now still do although I've been having plenty of fruits and some sugar):
    - I started up on magnesium. If you have too much calcium in your body it can work against you, and I was having more than enough calcium. How I know it helped? My nails stopped being brittle.
    - I switched from a fluour toothpaste to a herbal one (doesn't really matter which, according to Weston Price he discovered societies where they didn't brush teeth at all, they had perfectly healthy teeth with no cavities, they were just covered in ikky stuff - basically brushing teeth is just to make them look pretty, not to be healthy). Yes fluour is bad, at least for me.
    - For a year the only sweet taste I had came from stevia and some low GI fruit
    - Ate far fewer carbs (50-100) per day
    - Completely cut out gluten.
    - Used as much raw dairy as possible (I find it hard to get in my area), and the only pasteurized dairy I used was organic yoghurt (karnemelk), organic butter, and organic full fat liquid whipped cream (instead of milk, if I couldn't find it raw, like in coffee or just for a sip when I felt like it).
    - Cod liver oil (in the Netherlands I get it from Vitavie, not every cod liver oil is the same, although before I got pregnant, the fake stuff got me just as good results, now that I'm pregnant I'm afraid of getting artificial vitA)
    - I brush my teeth just to make them pretty or for a fresh breath - so more like 1 a day, before bed time, mainly for my husband; when I worked I brushed my teeth for going to work. I have to say I don't miss it much, my breath is much fresher most of the time.
    - I floss when I remember or when I eat meat which somehow get's stuff between my teeth.

A year and a half later, my dentist has absolutely nothing to clean when I go there, my teeth feel perfect, I have had no more cavities (until that point I was getting a new one every year), no more sensitivity to hot or cold, and no more bleeding gums. From the previous 12 cavities I had, I left 1 untreated (insurance stuff) and nowadays my dentist looks at my charts and says something like "ow?! you seem to have 1 small cavity left untreated, we should treat it next time". She's always surprised, I presume because well she can't see it with her bare eyes. My teeth only get sensitive nowadays if I eat too many carbs and/or gluten, which I obviously don't often do.

So yeah, the protocol works, you can remineralize teeth, your enamel can grow back (unlike what every dentist told me so far), you don't have to overly brush teeth and if you're fairly healthy you don't even have to be overly strict with the the protocol, although I do recommend making a strong start for 1-5 months, mainly to see some good solid results and create good habits.

PS: I'm no expert, but it sounds like with brushing your teeth 4 times a day you might have abused your teeth a little bit, which made it easier to chip them. Even the regular dentists say you should NOT brush teeth more than 2Xa day and floss only 1Xa day

sispo is offline Junior Member
    Tooth decay is the process that, if left unchecked, can lead to cavities in your teeth. It happens when bacteria in your mouth produces acids which eats at your teeth. If not treated, it can lead to serious pain, infections, and even tooth loss.
    Who drills holes into our teeth? (No, I don't mean the dentist!)
    Read more :
    Tooth Numbering: Prevent Tooth Cavities

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is total crap. FYI. Nobody has ever actually healed a cavity. Show me ONE success story where somebody healed cavities. My teeth are rotting before my eyes, and I pretty much ate the "dental" diet for three years.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast