Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The home straight :D page

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member

The home straight :D

Primal Fuel
    One year and a bit into primal and I'm starting a journal to track my excersie and progress to a lean mean me

I started at about over 19 stone (about 270lbs) I'm now down to about 15 stone 7 lbs (about 220) I doubt I'll end up under 200lbs

I have however stopped weighing myself as it's just wasting my time and doing my head in, I can lose size (by belt hole and trouser feel) and gain half a stone on the scale, I can lose weight and it makes no differance to how I look, and my weight can fluctate by massive amounts, so if I weigh my self daily I can track but it's just depressing to see it jumping arround like a demented Kangaroo, if I weigh weekly then I can see no change one time then half a stone down, half a stone up, it just pisses me off.

So instead I'm gonna take photos (with the help of my good lady) every month and compare my progress that way. I still think I'm getting results, this should show me for definate, and give me a kick up the arse if not.

My goal is no moobs, and to see my abs, I imagine that at that point the rest of my like arms, love handles etc will fall into place.

I'm gonna post up a clothed 'Fat' picture soon, when I find one, and will probably post progress pics too, my hairy torso is not the most offensive thing on the 'net, but be warned this thread my contain pictures of a half nekid hippy

So here is my excersise plan:

Monday - LHT
    Tuesday - Bike ride
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Run
    Friday - Sandbag training
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - HIIT or actual running sprints

I'm also trying to get in at least 30 mins of walking everyday.
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 01-14-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Day 1:

LHT day

Squats - 30 split leg each leg, 30 side to side each leg, 50 2 leg squats (my legs now hurt)
    Press up - 30 decline (feet up about 8 inches) 19 reg (to failure) 15 knee push up then shoulder felt 'weird' so stopped
    Pull ups - 5 full pull ups, 5 chins, 1 power hold and one negative (wasn't pleased with this, less than normal and went to failure)
    Jack knife press - feet on windowsill (about mid thight height - 15 - 10 - 7 (nearly fell on me head)
    Knee raises - from top of dip position on between kitchen units as a pull up bar in a door way isn't high enough. 20 - 10 - 10

Been 20 mins walking across town and back, but no other walking today. Hopefully get a walk in later.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Tuesday - good god my legs were sore I don't mind a bit of DOMs but that was a bit much, it would seem I get more soreness by doing 3 sets 0f each movement rather than a circuit with more gap between each set. Don't know why, or which gives best results. So no cycling, bit of a tentative walk but that was it.

Wednesday - rest day - 1 hour walking in the evening about 5 miles covered on frosty pavements

Thursday - HIIT Tabata interval with young-un to get him doing anything - start jumps, high leg running on spot, ice skaters and mountain climbers repeated for 1 tabata interval.

Short run - about 10 mins at a pretty good pace, happy as no tendon pain and first run for a long time, I expect distance/time will increase quickly.
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 01-17-2013 at 05:10 AM.

OK - FAT PICTURE TIME

me in april 2011, this is probably not my heaviest, but it's the fattest picture I can find

Fat picture.jpg

and this is a picture taken at the start of Jan this year, it's a really crappy picture, taken in bad light on a poor camer phone, but I think you can see quite a bit less of me, though not yet done.

Start of jan.jpg
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 01-19-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Thursday - Sandbag day, all done with 25kg of sand in my old gym bag

Deadlift 3 x 10
    Press-up with sandbag on back 10, 6, 4
    Squat - 3 x 10
    Vertical row 3 x 10
    OH press 3 x 10 (just)
    Pull ups - 5 x pull-up, 4 x neutral grip pull-up, 3 x chin-up

Gonna try to get another sandbag today to add weight for squats, DL and vertical row, and have less wight for press-ups and be-able to do turkish get-ups, or round the worlds or something like that?!?!?

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Its nice to see a dude from the UK near me. I live in Liversedge

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Keep hitting it hard my friend. We Brits have to fight the good fight on this side of the pond as well.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Its nice to see a dude from the UK near me. I live in Liversedge

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Keep hitting it hard my friend. We Brits have to fight the good fight on this side of the pond as well.

Richard
    There are a fair few UK primals arround, but not nearly enough

I know the name Liversedge, but can't think where it is now - off to google maps

Move slowly for Thursday - been for 45 mins walking dark snowy trails - been playing at being in 'The night watch'

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday - rest day

Took the kids out sledging for a bit, but they got cold and miserable, then went for a nice walk in the snow, about 3 miles.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast