Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The home straight :D page 6

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    leptin reset day 12:

just a quick one before bed, rest day, bumble round ikea with kids, fasted till tea time. big potrion of cottage pie, some sweet potatoe mash, chocolate and more paloe fudgefor pudding. had 25g of chocolate and a ramakin os salty cashew nuts for supper as was really feeling empty.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Leptin Reset: Day 13.

Not sure this is still leptin resetting, but what the hell
    Went for a run this morning in my skeletoes - so barefooting for the first time since hurting my achilles tendon. 1.8 miles in 16 mins, or something like that. no pain, felt good. Think I will start actal sprints soon - yay.
    Sticking to the 16 hour fasting window is proving easy, even with a run thrown in a few hours before I ate.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Leptin Reset: Day 14

I'm gonna stop calling this Leptin reset as I think it has worked and my appite is back under control and I'm losing body fat at a reasonable pace - two weeks in and I'm down about 8lbs which is amazing, hopefully this will contine and I can break that 15 stone barrier in a few more weeks. I'm actally looking forward to taking some photos at the end of the month as I'm sure there will be visable difference.

Yesterday I lifted my sandbag - managed 40kg overhead presses and 40kg lying presses, though sup 10 reps. Also did deadlifts, squats and vertical rows.

Then I cooked everyone breakfast - sasusages, bacon, fishfingers(kids ) and eggs.

After breakfast we did the weekly shop, I got some bio-diesil. Then went to the park, walked the baby for a bit, played, climbed some trees, jumped over stuff, walked a bit more. Had a little walk to the local shop in the afternoon as I forgot to get some cleaning stuff when we went shopping, spent a long time cleaing the windows and washing the body work, carrying hundreds of liters of water as I broke the hose connecter to the tap, and buffing it and using WD40 to get tar off the body.

Skipped lunch and ate a massive tea of streak strips with onions, leeks, and green all stir fried up with a cheese and cream sauce, then some pudding of chocolate, peaches in cream and some nuts and some dates I was still really hungry later - but when I ran through the day, I kinda figured it was not a suprise, I'd been active non stop, and the heavy lifting has really felt like it had burned me out of sugar and I hadn't replaced it at breakfast - didn't really have time, but I suppose I should have grabbed a banana or something. So I had a supper at about 8ish of a banana an apple and some nuts (cashews, hazels, brazils and almonds) in some greek yogert.

Picture from yesterday - I was caught mid-play

538236_127004354144154_1709767506_n.jpg

Saturday - a rest day, took the family out in the morning, then cleaned the car in the afternoon till it glowed, shampooed the seats, plolished it and photographed it, so and activish rest day. Fasted till tea time so about 20 - 22 hours. Had pizza omlette with bacon and some greens, with blended frozen bananas and rasberries with cream and tinned peaches for pudding (small serving) wasn't enough so ate nuts and yogert for supper again.

Sunday - Lovely sunny day, walk in the woods this morning at child pace, so a couple of miles in about an hour. Walked in my vivio barefoot shoes and had no achillies tendon pain so I recon that's healed up now.

Did 3 rounds of tabata intervals outside in the sunshine in short as sleevless top. Lots of jumping and burpees.

400g of chicken liver with onions for lunch (no breakfast except coffee and cream x 2) with creamy slighty spice sauce followed by some trail mix of nuts a few dried apricots, dates and some raisins with 25g of dark chocolate. I had a banana and peanut butter staight after my work-out too.

Got a massive chilli in the slow cooker for tea tonight in a couple of hours then planning on getting to bed early as didn't sleep too well last night.

Monday - Went for a walk first thing as I was feeling a bit sluggish, very nice brisk 20 mins covered 1.8 miles in fresh cold morning air.
    Didn't eat till early afternoon after I'd done body-weight work-out. Didn't feel hungry till I ate - weird that. Ate 200g burger, and 2 eggs, then some nuts and yogert and dried fruit. Tea was sausage and steak with a massive pile of cheesey greens and some parsnip chips roasted in the oven.

I also washed the caravan today on the outside so was faily active while I scrubbed it down and was up and down a ladder so I could reach the roof.

Don't feel stiff at all this morning after bodyweight excersies - I did them as a circuit, 3 rounds, rather than sets. I don't feel stiff atall, but was really sweaty and out of breath while doing them, I starting to think that circuits work better for conditioning and sets build stenght better for me.

Reps as follows

Pull ups - round 1 - 10 chin ups (a personal best) round 2 - 6 pull-ups, round 3 5 pull-ups and 1 power hold 1 negative/
    Push-ups - round 1; 26, R2; 27 R3; 7 super slow - don't know what was wrong here I normally max out at about 36 - 40 push-ups
    Squat 3 lots of 50 squats
    Knee raises 20,13,17
    Pike press (windowsill) 12,10,8

I've been doing a lot of grease to grove pull-ups so that's clearly working, I think I need to do more of that with push-ups, maybe some sets of super slow ones.
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 02-19-2013 at 03:02 AM.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Picture from yesterday - I was caught mid-play

538236_127004354144154_1709767506_n.jpg
    love this!

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Looking good my friend. Im not sure I could fast. i cut my meals from 6 to 4 to make it more efficient. Wouldnt mind gaining a few pounds, but at 6'1 200lbs, keeping the bodyfat in single digits has been fine just now.

Im not sure fasting and size gain go hand in hand. It seems it gives you the freedom to eat a little treat or two when you want.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

you may be right about the fasting and muscle gain, but I have read that working iut fasted tells your body 'don't breakdown these muscles for energy, we are using them alot, go use all that fat instead' and at 6 foot I am aiming for 14 stone (196lbs) I recon i'll be 10-12% bodyfat at that point. That's another 23lbs to go.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Busy week, not had time to sit down at the computer much.

Tuesday - went for my bike ride before lunch after doing more caravan cleaning out in the morning (I think it was days ago now)
    cover my 12 mile route in under an hour - I'm getting faster, and even though it was barely above freezing the sun was out and the sky was clear and I was wearing short YAY Think I ate a load of bacon and eggs for lunch and had turkey leg curry for tea and then some supper I think.

Wednesday - took a load of stuff to the tip, went to visit a friend in the afternoon - fasted till tea time but as we got back late it was all a bit manic and I snaked on some cheese, a spoon of peanut butter, some cold meat, some nuts, dried fruit etc while trying to sort out tea for the kids and putting something in the oven for the adults later. Didn't feel happy about that.

Thursday - Woke up feeling a bit under the weather, had a coffe, then after a bit of house work forced myself out for a run. Had a really good run. 2.97 miles in 28mins 30 seconds a personal best for that route and I broke my 10 min mile/6mph pace barrier. I had more in the tank too. Achiiles tendon was a bit (tiny tiny bit) tender afterwards but I did some stretching and tennis ball rolling of my arch and it seems fine. Gonna keep the distance the same for a couple of weeks so as not to put to much strain on the tendon - slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Back to my usal breakfast of 2 strips of steaky bacon, 200g mince made into burgers and 4 scrambles eggs, also had 2 coffes with cream today - think I need to cut them back a bit. But I noticed when getting out my my post run lovely hot bath that my abs are become more visable now, my gut is ab shaped rather than barrel shaped, just wish I could lose the moobs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast