Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The home straight :D page 5

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Leptin Reset: Day 4

Been feeling quite under the weather, now got bad chest now as well as snotty nose so this is hard work. Felt pretty bad yesterday late afternoon, and decided to have a late lunch of yogert and nuts, that kept me going until tea, where I stuffed myself again, a creamy chicken caserole YUM. To be fair to me I had been out for a pretty long walk with the baby so had burned off a fair few exta calories - probably 5-600 so It's no wonder I was feeling a bit wiped and hungry.

Had a bloody enormas breakfast this morning - I need to look up if there is a maxium amount of protien I can eat, I had 4 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, 200g mince and liver mix, AND a load of black pudding. Propper stuffed and I'm still fine not it's nearly 2 pm.

Got some lamb neck in the slow cooker that I will probably make like a bhuna with some ginger, but add some sweet spices like all spice and cinamon along with a bit of chilli, turmaric and cumin, and a bag load of corriander.

Scales are moving in the right direction - down another lbs or so today - very rapid weight loss at the moment, hope it continuse for a couple of weeks, dropping 10 lbs or so would be a massive bonus.

Also looking forward to getting over this cold and having the energy to so some lifting and HIIT - the weather is getting better and I'm hoping the ground will be drying enough to do sprints soon.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    A hearty brekkie indeed....Love it. Out of curiosity what brand of black pudding do you eat? Does it give fat content on it?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

The black pudding is from sainsbury's deli counter - no idea what's in it, but it was on short date and I can't leave a whole black pudding sausage on the shelves when it's 35p

Though I know the stuff from co-op is crap, the first thing on the ingredients is oats, then water, then rusk, then pig's blood

Asda stuff is about 90% blood and fat though so that's ok for a once in a while food, I think most of the calories come from fat, not sure how much protien is in blood, but vampies seem to do OK on it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Well vimpires do well on it because their bodies have gone through some form of natural ketosis and they are fat adapted. They are eating about 70% fat although it varies because they cant legislate for the lifestyles of the people who donate to them.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Leptin reset: Day 5 (yesterday) Another M-hassivvvvve breakfast of eggs, bacom, meat and eggs - lasted till tea time more easily. Big assed lamb curry for tea, and I think rather too much chocolate afterwards.

Leptin resetay 6 (today)
    No more black pudding - just eggs, bacon and burgers this morning (I made my mince/liver mix into burgers) Had to have a walk back from taking the car to the garage for an MOT first thing so broke the rule of no excersising after breakfast, but it was only walking. I think now I am more used to not eating after tea I need to stop stuffing myself so full at tea-time. Just eat to full, not propper stuffed. I am enjoying eat a lot in one go though and feeling very full, and no snacking or grazing is definatly cutting down the amount of food I'm eating, and those odd handfulls don't really aid saition very much.
    Another week and I'm going to start my LHT with sand bags and body weight again as well as a HIIT session a week.

I have a plan for Sundays in the park brewing in my head - combining circuits, sprints and body-weight excersies. I can do pull-ups, squats, monkey-bars, decline push ups, and dips on the trim trail, do tabata intervals jumping over the hurdel things they have, do some burpees and do some sprints on the playing field, then jog home the long way .

I'm going to have to do more reading about eating first thing as though it is working right now, there also seems to be a lot of people who skip breakfast everyday, and there seems be a lot of people who advocate working out fasted - which you can never do if you are eating first thing in the morning and not excersising after pm

I have to admit I am not completely convinced by the whole protocol for leptin reset - I see the point of absolutly no calories outside of meal times, so you get resonable variation in your homone levels to restore sensitivity. I see the point of only eating a couple of times a day as when you eat a big meal, espially with protien it increases your leptin levels and so reduces hunger. I see the point that if you eat first thing, then you have to plan your meal and make good food choices, and that's positive, but I've not seen anything that convinves me I would reduce the benifit by not eating till noon - doing a good fasted workout, then eating the same type of high protien breakfast, then eating tea, kinda like a lean-gains 8 hour eating window. I do see the benifit of not eating after a certain time at night, but I thing that is just calorie control more than anything, I don't think it would matter if I ate later, say 9, and went straight to bed.

SO I am sticking to the protocol while it is working as it is controling my carb intake and keeping my appite in check and my weight is reducing. I'm going to stick to it for at leat all of feburary.

But I think I'm going to modify it so I can get AM fasted work-outs in by eating at arround - 11 - 12 am after a work-out. This should be easy enough as I'm really only eating as I have to in the morning, not becuase I am particually hungry. I think that means that my first coffee will have to be black so I don't take in any calories, though most people think that a bit of heavy cream in coffe as it's nearly all fat won't affect the health (cell healing) or metabolic (weight loss) benifits of fasting, I think I would rather skip the cream till I am at target body composition just incase there is anything to this leptin lark.
    and on rest days I will probably do a 24 - 36 hour fast, as I'm getting better at going to bed without a full stomach, I'm hoping to get them up to 36 hour, even it it means using a fat fasting idea and just having a couple of hundred fat calories before bed to help me sleep.

Leptin reset: Day 7

1 week in, I've lost about 4lbs in weight, still got a cold and snotty nose and cought and shit. Going to carry on for another week with the meal timing as laid out in the leptin reset protocol and carry on just walking for excersie, going to spend this week doing a bit of reading on leptin, protien, meal timings and fasted work-outs but I'm probably going to implement the plan I laid out above as I can't see any problem in it and I'm missing my work-outs.

Note: I'm finding it easy to go all day with-out food, and so I'm feeling I can eat a smaller (read more normal sized) evening meal - had roast chicken last night and didn't eat a massive amount by my standards - a propper plate full yes, and some second helpings, but the entire bottom of my plate was covered with greens.

Leptin Reset: day 8

carrying on as normal, big breakast, little work-out, cold nearly gone, nothing to see here. Although I am finding myslef sluggish after breakfast and not wanting to do much, whether this is down to haivng the cold or the way I am eating is unclear, but I think I would do better by eating later in the day. I think there is a tendacy to slow down and digest after a big kill, I mean big meal.

Leptin reset: Day 9

Decided yesterday to not follow the Leptin reset protocol to the letter when I felt it wasn't quite optimal, so I'm keeping what I think works and changing what I think dosn't work. I'm going to call the programm 'Robs Magic Panacea to make you thin and sexy and sucessfull and make anyone want to have sex with you' or maybe not.

So my plan is this.

Eat in a rough 8 hour window on work out days.
    Work out fasted then eat after.
    Big meal - lots of protien after work-out.
    A coffee with cream in the morning probably won't ruin everything.
    Normal evening meal.
    Probably fast 24 - 36 hours on rest days (though maybe not, and definatly only 1 36 hour fast a week)

With that in mind I went for a run this morning, round the block and beat my last time by 2 mins then ate some cold meetza and cold pork and left over paleo pankake - NOM. Also been for a walk in the pissing rain with the little on so got my move slowly in too.

Leptin Reset: Day 10

Did some bodyweight excersies, was a bit pushed for time so was rather rushed, also did a lot of walking yesterday - 40 mins to garage and back in the morning before working out, also walked baby to sleep arround town, about 40 mins and walked to post-office and back, about 20 mins.

Food - no time for lunch at home so had about half a hot chicken from saisburys and some macadamia nuts, bollock-naise for tea, with nuts and chocoltate for pudding (maybe too many nuts for the day)
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 02-13-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Leptin reset: Day 11

Finding this eating twice a day thing is working well for me, appitite is under control and I'm enjoying being able to eat a big meal and feel propper full.

Excersis wise went out for a short family walk, about a mile, carried the baby in arms most of the way round as I forgot to pack a sling, then we went to a park for 20 mins and I had a bit of a play, then I went for a 10 mile bike ride (actually 10.33 miles in 58 mins acording to my fancy ass new phone and sports tracker app). All before lunch - and I wasn't starving when I got back. Would say I'm fat adapted now . Big lunch of 6 eggs, 5 small sausages (just under half a pound) and quite a lot of bacon.

Tea was pizza omlette, with bacon, paleo fudge for pudding

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast