Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The home straight :D page 4

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday - tabata intervals 3 sets, lots of burpees, prison push-ups start-jumps etc etc
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Also went for a nice walk last night - was very cold, carrying baby, just over an hour, covered about 4 miles - once I get a phone that isn't from the actual stone age I'll be able to track these walks better.

Monday - Bodyweight excsersis - just finished and I can barely type (ok so I know I can barely type at the best of time)

Started with pull ups - 6 pull ups (better than last week) 4 chins, 2 neutral grip (I think the max effort on the pulls killed the rest) then did 6 negatives to failure (ie I couldn't really control decent speed and couldn't stop myself if I needed to)

Squats - split leg 2 sets of 30 each leg then went on to try some pistols using a band to hold myself up - I still fall over when I get to low. Finished off with 50 2 leg squat which I nearly failed at.

Push ups, 50 knee push-ups, 22 decline push ups - feet about 8 inches up - to failure, 11 standard push-ups to failure

Knee raises, 3 hanging knee raises till my arms failed, then in top of dip position 20, 20, 12 (arms failed on last set)

OH press (elevated pike press feet about 2 & 1/2 foot up) 10, 7, 5.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Thoughts on excersie;

I think I'm going to alternate doing set with doing circuts week by week with my bodyweigh excersise, I think it will lead to better progression, I think they are both working in slightly differnt way, I feel more total fatigue from doing sets and get more soreness, but I seem to get more total reps doing circuits.

I'm still aiming to the essential primal movement standars in the PBF book, which I exceed on OH press, and squats, I've dropped planks as they just bore me and my core is well worked from the other excersises and sandbag lifts as well as the knee raises. I've just got to double my number of pull-ups and add a few more reps to my press-ups.

Then I'm going to work on my own program using some differnt types of excersises, I want to include dips, and some lunges, and include some stuff like turkish get ups and round the worlds with my sandbag training, and get the two things working together more. I also want to work on static stuff like levers and flags, and work on something I can take to the trim trail at the park as winter is going

Bloody hell where to the days go!!

Monday afternoon took the car to the garage and walked back, 20 mins fast walking - can't remember if I took baby out for a walk or not.

Tuesday - 12 mile bike ride in about 50 mins, then took kids to park in afternoon, 30 - 40 mins of very slow walking and lots of pushing the swings, then walked to pick car up from garage - another 20 mins fast walking.

Wednesday - rest day, been out for a quick 30 mins walk this afternoon to fight the mid afternoon slump.

Thursday - Short run round the block - still easing into it, but got round the whole route this week, 14 mins running, 1.4 miles so that is a 10 minute mile, which is a pretty good pace for me, I normally ended up at about a 11 minute mile last year when doing longer runs, and that was pushing myself not to slow too much.

OK so it's the start of the new month - I feel my eating has been 90% and more on target - though my appite has been huge.
    I have been doing a bit of reading round and I still think elevated cortisol level due to lack of sleep are part of my issue , also probably lack of vitamin D from sunlight, not much I can do about those. Sleep has been improving a bit, but still only just getting enough to get by, I'm sure the little one will start sleeping proplerly soon. I take a multi vitamin when I remember that has vit D in, so that is as much as I can do for that (can't afford sun-bed session or expensive supliment) and the days are getting longer.

But I am also having massive carb carvings - and I have been gaining weight by the scales, I reckon I've put on some muscle, but also some fat, no-one else can see it, but I thing I have widened round the middle (pictures to follow later)

I've done a bit of reading arround leptin reset and it rings bells for me so I'm going to follow that protocol in feb to see what happens. It's going to be a massive change for me, eating breakfast for one, not working out for a couple of weeks till weight starts to drop off. Not working out first thing as well is going to be weird as that's when it I seem to be able to fit the time in best. Better buy lots of stuff for breakfast when we go to the shops this week.

I'm not entirely convinced that the timings of meals and excersise is all that important, but I'll follow it as laid out for now - looks like I'm gonna have to count carbs to some level. BAH!

Picture time
    So here is picture from 1 month ago -
    start of Jan 2013.jpg

and here is picture from yesterday -

1st Feb 2013.jpg

Main differnence, picture 1 is in more flatering light and a slightly better angle, and I've had a shave by the time we get to picture 2. But overall - definatly slight weight gain, it's hard to tell as the pictures arn't from exactly the same angle or exactly the same pose, but I am sure I am slightly bigger round the waist. But it's not as bad as the 7 old pounds on the scale would indicate, so I'm guessing I've gained a few pounds of muscle and fat, I've certainly improved fitness this month.

Day 1 of leptin reset today - still very full after a massive breakfast. The sun is out, but it wasn't up when I was woken by middle child climbing into bed and being wriggley. Gonna go out in the lovely winter sunshine soon.

Breakfast was 1 cup of coffee with some double cream (having this at the same time as breakfast means it counts towards meal calories in my mind ) A few sausages (gluten free from local farm shop and quite tasty) some beef meat balls and 3 eggs. The meat balls weren't optimal, but they were at 90% beef, so I can live with that. I reckon I had at least 200g of the 360g pack, plus 3 good sized sausages and 3 medium eggs (minus a small amount for littlest one) so I reckon I easily hit my protien target and virtually no carbs, at least 40g from the meat balls and 18g from the eggs plus probably at least another 20-30g from the sausages. NOM NOM NOM.

Off the the shops soon to get the weekly shopping, so been working out a easy cheap breakfast to have everyday - solution - 200g beef mince/lambs liver mix (gonna buy an 800g pack of mince and mix in at least 400g of liver and divide up into meal portions) with 4 egss scrambles and a couple of strips of streaky bacon.

Hopefully that should last me till tea time and I can then eat what everyone else is having. THis week as we are a bit skint it's gonna be mince beef meal one day, chicken the next with the only highlight being a neck of lamb stew on tuesday as I got some nice bits of lamb neck from the farm shop .
    Exciting times. Roast chicken and veg, bollock-naise sauce, cottage-pie (with-out sweet potatoe mash for me I think, chicken caserole and chicken and veggies in a cheese sauce (soft cheese and vintage chedda stired throug shredded roasted chicken and various veggies in the wok for easy one pot cooking)

Oh and in other news - I feel like crap as I have a sore throat, turning into a head cold -yay, so that should mask any feeling like shit I get from carb-flu But it is the first cold/illness I have had for at least 1.5 months, which considering lack of sleep, and before xmas, I was ill more than I was not with stomach viruses and colds, I'm actually fairly pleased its been a whole month and a half since I was under the weather

Leptin Reset: Day 2

Yesterday was a resounding sucess in sticking to the programm, only excersise was doing the shopping. Breakfast lasted me till tea time, though I was pretty hungry from about 4 O'Clock onwards. Ate an absolute pile at tea because I knew I wouldn't be eating again before bed. Had 2 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks, roasted in garlic, mushrooms and onions, big pile a sauted spring greens and savoy cabbage, steamed broccoli and a few parsips and carrots roasted in butter and lard. Finshed off with a slice of bigest one's paleo birthday cake (ground almonds, lots of coco powder, eggs, butter and honey (though half the honey the recipe caled for) some cashews and almonds and 25g of 85% chocolate - god I was stuffed after that.

I could have eaten before bed, but I think that was habit more that hunger. I had a black coffee mid morning and a couple of cups of red-bush without milk and lots of water. Hopefully I will start losing fat, I've no idea how many calories I had, but my BMR must be about over 2000 cals a day, on on previous activity levels mainatance should be arround the 3000 mark.

Breakfast this morning was as planned, filling and tasty 200g of ground beef (label says typically less than 23% fat) and mince mixed up ratio of about 2:1 in favour of the mince, 4 eggs scrambled into the same pan as the mince and a strip of steaky bacon (might have 2 tomorrow).

Having Bollock-naise tonight, so more mince, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, a grated carrot, garlic, chopped spinach, basil and oregano, probably some lemon juice and a few spices to taste, as well as the fat an jelly that ran out of the chicken last night as stock - NOM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Leptin Reset: Day 3

Suceeded in only eating twice yesterday, breakfast wasn't quite enough, so I ended up having a big spoon of coconut oil at about 3 O'clock, which stopped me from being hungry, but did make me feel sick, so that might have been why I wasn;t hungry.
    Big assed tea again and pudding of 2 small apples with peanut butter and 25g chocolate bar - very full again, bit peckish before bed, but again I think it's just habit.

Bigger breakfast today - added an extra egg and extra rasher of bacon, so 200g mince and liver mix, 5 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon. Very full after than.

THe scales have started moving in the right direction too - I'm back under 16 stone this morning. So I've dropped a couple of pounds already - long may it continue.

Hopefully I'll get out for a nice long walk today. Did get out with the family yesterday, but it was short and very slow.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast