Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The home straight :D page 2

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post

I know the name Liversedge, but can't think where it is now - off to google maps
    Its nr Cleckheaton, Roberttown Heckmondwike Huddersfield etc. Kinda in the middle of it all

I got into this via a dude at my partners work so we do have a few over here. Give it 5 years or so and the number will have grown considerably I suspect. Grok on
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Yep I think the UK is not far behind the US - we just need a few of our own big hitters to draw the crowds in. There's a few things going on here and there like Alternative Fitness and Paleo Nutrition in Manchester and Chorlton - Primal Fitness but not much, if I could be arsed I start something either a meet-up or facebook thing, but it seems like a lot of effort at the moment
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations! It's a lifetime commitment but so worth it! Just curious, have you had blood work done to see if any changes have occurred? I only bring this up because it's on my to do list. I began my primal journey last Apr. & have lost 25 lbs. I am going to have mine drawn & compare.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Well done Tribal Rob. Your progress pics look fantastic. Keep at it
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tribal Rob,
    Great work so far! And, also this seems to be a good place to let you know that most of your posts crack me up

THanks for all the nice things people are saying

Ok so today is Monday, yesterday I did 3 rounds of tabata intervals (I think this can be called HIIT if I'm being cool) various things like squats, burpees, press-ups, mountian climbers, high knee running on spot, jumping jacks.

No walking unfortunatly, didn't seem to get the chance.

Today - LHT

Pressup - 35, 21, 16
    Pull-up - 5 and a half pull up, 4 chin ups, 2 assisted, 2 negative, 2 power hold
    Squat - 30 each leg spit leg, 25 each leg side kick out squat, 50 2 leg.
    Pike press with feet on windowsill - 15, 15, 5
    Knee raises - 20, 13, 8

Going to go out for a walk in the snow later too
    and take the kids out for a play.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Adding better picture of me half-nekid, post workout so I am cheating slightly

Mid Jan post workout.jpg

Posting up a bit about what I'm eating just for the record.

I've had various phases, had a go at IF for various lenghts of time, tried potates, cutting out this and that.

I lost most of my weight just eating straight primal, no restriction of veggies, even starchy ones, fruit as much as I wanted (which turned out not to be much) cheese, greek yogert, full fat soft cheese, nuts, dark chocolate, heavy cream, frozen berries and heavy cream, coconut oil and coco powder chocolate, fake nakid bars with cashew cream and dates and coco. Eating pretty much as much as I wanted.

Then it all slowed down I think a big part is stress due to lack of sleep, that has built up over a long time and getting closer to lean. Plus occasional stress induced sugar binges that happen far to often. I also think there were times when I just wasn't eating enough and thus causing more stress and less weight loss

I haven't counted caloires or macros since starting primal, and having done it before it's not a route I want to go down, IMO it ends up taking over, I want a way to eat where I can just get on with eating tasty food till satisfied, not be at the computer at 10 o'clock at night working out what I can eat that will fill me up as much as possible as I am starving and only have 347 calories left.

I don't normally eat breakfast, but do eat quite late at night, often 8 or 9 I'll have a small meal or large snack, maybe just a small snack. Depends on what was for tea and when we ate.

So right now I am going back to how I started for a month at least.

Breakfast was at 11.30 today and was greek yogert, almonds, cashews, rasins, a banana and a very small drizzel of honey.
    Followed almost imediatly by lunch of left over bollock-naise from the freezer, and left over curry from last night.

Tea will be roast chicken thighs and drumsticks, roast carrots and parsnips and broccoli and a big ass pile of sauted greens (spring greens, spincach and savoy cabage probably)

Yesterday breakfast was nutty porridge with apple, raisins, cinamin and cream, lunch was buttered eggs and bacon and tea was Chicken curry with bell peppers red and white onions, butter nut squash, sweet potatoe, a cup of bone broth, tin of coconut milk, whole pack of creamed coconut loads of paprika, cumin, tumuric, and corridander, bit of curry powder, cayene, nutmeg, all spice oh and a crap ton of garlic Blody lovely it was too - I'm good at this cookin crap me Supper was a dozen or so almonds, satsuma, apple with peanut butter an 25g 85% chocolate.
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 01-21-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Been for a walk in the snow - quite a lot by UK standards - probably a good 4 inches, I love walking across virgin snowy fields.

Baby slept in the sling while I walked - so hopefully she will be ready to sleep at a sensible time tonight, and it's a nice extra bit of work lugging that lump arround with me.

So that's my move slowly done for the day - a good hour, and I've taken the kids sledging, now I'm trying to get the middle one out to build a snowman while it's sill light

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Adding better picture of me half-nekid, post workout so I am cheating slightly

Mid Jan post workout.jpg
    WOOHOO! You're doing great! I love pics, Im just too backward to post my own Keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast