Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probiotics page 2

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. I will never, ever take antibiotics again. Unless it's a matter of life and death. I was prescribed that stuff too often as a child. Even for minor stuff like sore throat and sniffles.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    ... and plenty of dirty food and ocean plants.
    How do I get dirty food without getting ill also? Can one just eat dirt from the ground and be fine?
    Take a walk on the wild side.

vishnuns39620 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    How do I get dirty food without getting ill also? Can one just eat dirt from the ground and be fine?
    This is a great question! I usually apply the 3 second rule to every dropped food item (except liquids of course! ) but could someone throw a little more light on this point? How much does it help vs hurt to eat "dirty food" ?

Thank you!
    Regards, Vishnu

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vishnuns39620 View Post
    This is a great question! I usually apply the 3 second rule to every dropped food item (except liquids of course! ) but could someone throw a little more light on this point? How much does it help vs hurt to eat "dirty food" ?
    I personally am pretty lax about this sort of stuff and I don't ever get sick and my gut is in pretty good condition too. In the name of no longer having a sterile kitchen and a weak immune system a lot of things in my kitchen get rinsed but not washed with soap. I don't even worry about meat too much (although poultry I certainly think about more). I put raw meat in my dehydrator and then eat it and that is supposed to be safe, so how is microscopic parts of meat on my knife or counter (after the water wash-up) any different? If it was sitting wet in a gloppy pile, that is gross and would probably make one sick. However I think that over washing everything makes us weak. My mother was a nurse and we had a very clean kitchen growing up. I grew up sick all the time, now in my "dirty" kitchen I never get sick. Certainly that is in part due to paleo vs. my more conventional wisdom healthy diet of childhood. That's just my n-1.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I was more thinking in the lines of sprinkling my food with some soil from my garden and eat it or put it in a glass of water and drink... Or is that overdoing it??
    Maybe I should go out and eat some snow.. I like the taste of snow and perhaps it will have some nice bacteria on it
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Overdoing it. Don't eat dirt deliberately, you're supposed to outgrow that past toddler age.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12