Hi Everybody - I just want to write a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm 43 years old. I've always been healthy and not overweight but the past few years I've started gaining weight and started generally feeling lethargic, having aches and pains that I didn't used to have and I feel like my memory is not what it used to be. I thought most of this was just due to me getting older - well, that's the conventional wisdom, isn't it?

Well, recently I started to pay a lot closer attention to what I eat and my wife has been bugging me to 'go on a diet.' I followed a link from another blog to this one and I spent many hours over the weekend reading posts and articles. I have to say that I've heard of the paleo diet before but I always just filed it away into the wacky fad diet category. Mark's writings and advice are very convincing and I have a completely new perspective on the subject now. I'm ready to go all in on a primal lifestyle now and I'm very excited! I have lots of questions though so I will start posting them here in this forum.
See you 'round!

Mike