Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a Primal hug! page 2

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What a jerk! You ARE eating better. Sheesh.

Is there any chance you could get him to read the PB book??

*BUG HUGS* to you, you healthy fit lady you!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I hope he's sweeter than that most of the time. Otherwise...
    well... that's pretty mean of him anyhow.

I think you're doing great and I commend your progress. I hope that I follow in your route when I measure/weigh next (I don't have a measuring tape or scale, so I wait until I go to work or the gym). I admire your dedication!

iniQuity-- at the store I work in, there is a bulk section. There was a lady buying something (i don't know, oats or whatnot) and as she gently bounced the bag in her hand she mused aloud, "I don't know how much a pound weighs...!"

Everybody around cracked up

-写

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    This sounds gross, but I leave my copy of PB in the bathroom hoping he might pick it up...you know.

I think maybe he's a little afraid of it because he sees it as a pseudo-atkins, but I try to explain that it's different. We both did Atkins hardcore for like two weeks back when it was the rage, and it was AWFUL. We both were so sick and moody, but that's because we only ate meat and pre-packaged, processed Atkins brand food. So of course we felt like crap because we didn't have fruits and veggies and didn't care about the quality or source of the food we were eating. Can you tell I'm not an Atkins fan?

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    *HUG*

Been there myself. Keep on keeping on, someday he may come around, my wife finally did!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    My fiance came around after close to three months. During that three months there were a lot of conversations that looked like this:

Him: What are you having for dinner?
    Me: I'm pan frying a steak in bacon grease left from this morning. I think I'll top it with some butter because I ate the last of the beefstock yesterday. Plus a handful of spinach. I've also picked up some berries and cream for dessert. What are you having?
    Him: . . . . . Nutrisystem Beef Stroganoff and a diet coke.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Sarahrob2248. The most important thing with this lifestlye is to first get past the mental notion of we have to be a certain weight. As long as you feel good and have more energy than it doesn't really matter. My main goal is to just be as healthy as possible.

Challenge your boyfriend to a 1 month contest to see who looks and feels better. Adds a little competition to this as well as gives you a break from his nagging.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

hayley3 is offline Member
    Just wanted to send some hugs (((HUGHUGHUG))) and if your man won't read the PB smack him with it instead :-)
    There are none so blind as those determined not to see

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LX View Post
    My fiance came around after close to three months. During that three months there were a lot of conversations that looked like this:

Him: What are you having for dinner?
    Me: I'm pan frying a steak in bacon grease left from this morning. I think I'll top it with some butter because I ate the last of the beefstock yesterday. Plus a handful of spinach. I've also picked up some berries and cream for dessert. What are you having?
    Him: . . . . . Nutrisystem Beef Stroganoff and a diet coke.
    LOL he was starved into submission!!

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Nice comments everyone.. Here ya go *HUG*

Again I can relate..my wife and I are having some problems with my "new diet".. she swears it is unhealthy.. I have resolved to show her- not by arguing anymore.. just letting my overall health, and body transformation, along with a full doctor checkup in a month.. speak for themselves..

I love my wife with all that I am.. I am hoping to get her to give this a try.. the right way..

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone...I really appreciate the support! I think he will stop with the comments as I progress. Hopefully he will come around to actually going Primal too.

I feel like I found this kind of fountain of youth, improve your entire life, feel better than you ever have lifestyle in going Primal and I want him to enjoy the benefits too.

And I want him to stop giving me the stink eye when I eat eggs and sausage and bacon in the morning...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast