Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konjac page

seoc is offline Junior Member

Konjac

Is konjac paleo?? Came across a packaged product ("Angel Hair Pasta") made from konjac which is, apparently, a vegetable.

Paleobird Guest
    Konjac is a root. So, yes it is Primal. The "noodles" however, are just about pure dietary fibre. They'e OK but they can cause digestive system stoppage if you eat too much at once. I prefer Sea Tangle brand kelp noodles for a pasta substitute. Both are equally flavorless but good for soaking up the sauce. The kelp needles have some nutritional value as well being a very good source of iodine.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Needles? You reply to that on your phone or something? LOL.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Needles? You reply to that on your phone or something? LOL.
    It says "noodles" on my screen. (unedited) Did you misplace your reading glasses or something?

Although with that much fiber, noodles and needles could be mistaken for one another.

seoc is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, Paleobird! sounds like a good sub for pasta... will try to find, and try, kelp noodles in OZ.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seoc View Post
    Thank you, Paleobird! sounds like a good sub for pasta... will try to find, and try, kelp noodles in OZ.
    There is an online shop called Netrition.com. I think they ship your way. They also have good deals on things like coconut oil.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's ok, but hardly paleo. The noodles are so processed, I'd be hard pressed to label them anything close to paleo even if they're carb-free.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It's ok, but hardly paleo. The noodles are so processed, I'd be hard pressed to label them anything close to paleo even if they're carb-free.
    Good point. The kelp ones are basically just kelp that has been run through a shredder where the konjac ones are formed from some kind of mashed up konjac root paste. So I think the kelp ones are less processed in addition to having nutritional benefits. The konjac ones are just a space filler.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I'm seeing needles too?? Just ate some of these in beef broth with pepper and garlic. I love the texture!

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    I'm seeing needles too?? Just ate some of these in beef broth with pepper and garlic. I love the texture!
    Oh. Oooops! I did use the word twice in that post. I was only looking at the one in the first line. I really shouldn't be allowed to type at night without my reading glasses. OK edited now. Silly me.

Which kind did you have?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast