Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Kind Bars page 2

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It's simpler to just load a baggie with some nuts and dried fruit.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    jerky and dried cherries

That being said, if I really need to do so I will get a KIND + Protein bar (not the one with chocolate). I don't do it often, but it is the only bar out there that I will consider. One lives in my hydration pack for long bike rides just in case I need it. I recently took one to the movies with me to help me resist popcorn!
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-14-2013 at 10:05 AM.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's simpler to just load a baggie with some nuts and dried fruit.
    This.
    I find a few of the ingredients objectionable glucose, soy lecithin... but it's definitely better than a candy bar.
    I think Lara Bars or primal trail mix (throw some raw nuts, raw seeds, dried (unsweetened & no additives) fruit, coconut flakes (unsweetened), and possibly some 80% dark chocolate into a zip-top bag) are a MUCH better choice than the Kind Bars.

If you need lots of quick, easy grabbable things, look up some recipes to make your own bars, keep a can of tuna (in water or evoo) in your bag, order some primal pacs or paleo kits (either the fruit/nut/beef packs or just the jerky from either company), hard boiled eggs, avocados, fruits, veggies (people think it's a little odd when I pull out a carrot and start eating it... pshh... what do they know?)

nivia is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After I finish the ones I have, I'm going to try nuts and unsweetened dried or fresh fruit as a snack I did well today.. only 36g of carbs so far and none from grains except for what's in my kind bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12