Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why do starchy carbs like sweet potato, potato, squash make me ill? page 9

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have not issues with eating avocados, they taste like used motor oil and never pass my lips so no problems there. Yeah restaurant home fries tend to be what twig my inners the most. I normally skip them but I was tired and hungry and I do so love them.... yeah.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crofter View Post
    This sort of hijacked argumentative thread acheives nothing, confuses newbies and annoys the F**K out of me.
    I'm off to the Active Low Carber Forum for a while!
    Check out our eat moar fat thread

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I don't think you need a "ton of carbs." I also don't think you need a "ton of fat." Eat real food and you'll naturally get enough of each. It's when you start exclusionary dieting - like ketosis or low carb BS out of macronutrient fear - that you run into problems.

Yes, I said preferred fuel source. Your body burns glucose preferrentially over fatty acids, it's not directly stored as body fat whereas fatty acids are, it is a more efficient fuel (your mitochondria will have a higher CO2 output on a diet with ample starch and fruit vs a low carbohydrate diet), it reduces levels of corsitol and adrenaline vs low carbohydrate diets, if you undereat glucose too regularly your body will break down lean muscle tissue into glucose to fuel your brain...I strongly recommend a diet where carbohydrate is ample.
    Agree 100%.
    Well put.
    Works for me too.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I have not issues with eating avocados, they taste like used motor oil and never pass my lips so no problems there. Yeah restaurant home fries tend to be what twig my inners the most. I normally skip them but I was tired and hungry and I do so love them.... yeah.
    vegetable oil, I'm tellin' ya.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It is a sign you're unhealthy if you have issues with carbs. If I felt like I was going to die every time I ate saturated fat I would definitely think something was wrong with me and work to correct the issue instead of sweeping it under the rug at the expense of my well being. Yes, long term exclusion of carbohydrates is harmful. No, some people aren't just biologically programmed to "run on fat". Your biological makeup is the same as mine. I thrive on carbs because glucose is the preferential fuel for your body, above all, this is why it will even attempt to get glucose at the expense of your health by converting bodily tissues into glucose(which is what you're doing)

Oh well, Choco is right in that everyone is stubborn, myself included. Carb debates are starting to get a little boring, hence why I was staying out of this one, but there is just something wrong with the low carb mentality that should be changed. Say you just want to a bunch of fat for your preference, don't try to pretend it's more healthy for you to do so.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Really??? Seriously?? OK, you are just strange. No two ways about it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Heh, my husband doesn't like them either.
    Which means I don't have to share... all is well!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    The problem is people don't know what works for them because they don't honestly try.
    LMAO. From "calories don't count" to "calories do count," and now this new love of carbs, everytime you find a new guru, or have some kind of foodepiphany, you become "the expert of what everyone should do."

Sorry Warmbear to continue to derail your thread.

I haven't a clue why certain foods bother anyone. Scallops make me retch, but other than that I've been blessed with a gut of steel. Some green veggies that I like give me gas, but no pain, and I'd just avoid them if I were having an overnight guest. heh. If it's something that's interfering with your enjoyment of food, maybe under doctor/dietician/self supervision, you could try an elimination diet to see if it's a class of foods, and whether or not some kind of healing needs to take place.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

sjmc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Now there's a second symptom: avocado aversion.

Back to the drawing board, people.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ufotom View Post
    And if it is everyones preferred fuel source, why is it, at under 10% carbs, every day I am full of energy and feel amazing?
    Shouldn't I be tired, and lethargic following your theory?
    Initial release of stress hormones can give a "euphoric" sense of well being and clarity, before the inevitable crash. They're your emergency hormones, not meant to be permanently elevated. Doing so only has degenerative effects. Only you can do what's best for yourself though.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast