Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: gaining weight, don't know why... page 3

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie79 View Post
    thanks for the info. Which dosage of D3 are you taking? How long did it take to see a difference?
    6,000 IUs. Carlsons Solar D Gems.

Took about 6 weeks to get my levels up, but everyone is different. Get tested! More info at Vitamin D Council > Information on Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency and Vitamin D Toxicity

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    When it comes to taking vitamins more is not better. I wouldn't start on a vitamin D binge if your vitamin D level is good. Your doctor will recommend a dosage.

Also the amount a person absords by supplementation varies greatly between individuals. Some people can not absorb any vitamin D by supplementation and must use sunlight (or a tanning bed) to make their own vitamin D.

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Still not losing weight here. I regret even starting this whole thing, I had no weight to lose now I am 18 lbs heavier. My clothes don't fit anymore. Words cannot express how upset I am.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Post what your eating for a whole day....or if you use a tracking site post a pic of it. If your not using a tracking site then start.

Post what you use to eat before starting this WOE also.

Timthetaco Guest
    Why did you try this diet in the first place? You were at a normal, stable weight and now you're 18 pounds fatter? I'd recommend ditching primal and going back to what worked before. Or if you truly want to keep up with this diet and risk torturing yourself some more, try going high carb with fruit and potatoes and cut back on fat and protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Why did you try this diet in the first place? You were at a normal, stable weight and now you're 18 pounds fatter? I'd recommend ditching primal and going back to what worked before. Or if you truly want to keep up with this diet and risk torturing yourself some more, try going high carb with fruit and potatoes and cut back on fat and protein.
    Not everyone on here switches to lose weight man. I did it to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I didn't need to lose any weight either. There is more to health than simply the number on the scale.

Timthetaco Guest
    Being stressed out and fat isn't a good way to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not everyone on here switches to lose weight man. I did it to cultivate a healthy lifestyle. I didn't need to lose any weight either. There is more to health than simply the number on the scale.
    There are also ways to be healthy without being primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Being stressed out and fat isn't a good way to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
    For the record: 5' 7" and 142lbs = 22.2BMI = Normal weight

I mean if OP is stressed then that is self induced. It always is in cases such as this. Yes it's a mental choice to allow such things to affect you so.

As to her weight. I repeat...if she wants help she needs to track the changes she has made. Then if she presents that data we may be able to offer some reasonable advice. Just recognize that she is not "overwieght" at this juncture and very well may have been underweight at the start.

Oh, just found "my bf % was still around 15"......yeah....borderline dangerously low for a female before she changed her diet. I say good on her for putting on some much needed healthy fat and don't stress about it!
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-27-2013 at 09:01 AM.

frenchie79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Post what your eating for a whole day....or if you use a tracking site post a pic of it. If your not using a tracking site then start.

Post what you use to eat before starting this WOE also.
    Prior to August 2011, I was a vegetarian.... Eating tons of bread and soy products. I will start tracking (again)what I eat on fitday.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast