Thread: Balsamic Braised Short Ribs page

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member

Balsamic Braised Short Ribs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Recipe. Great on a cold winter night.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    This will be a big hit with the family, I think. Thanks for the recipe.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    This looks really great - I especially like that this one uses leeks. I'll be picking up some short ribs later this week, thanks.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Note Mark's blog of 1-15-2013:

Vinegar itself, regardless of the origin, lowers the blood sugar response to a meal, improves the glucose tolerance, and even increases the satiety of a meal when taken before or during the meal. Acetic acid is the key here, so rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, and even white vinegar will work just as well as the best balsamic vinegar. But some benefits are unique to balsamic vinegar:
    Balsamic vinegar inhibited LDL oxidation and macrophage accumulation to a greater extent than rice wine vinegar. In other words, balsamic vinegar – regular old stuff purchased at a Japanese supermarket - may inhibit atherosclerosis.

During simulated digestion of meat, melanoidins that arise during traditional balsamic vinegar fermentation reduced lipid peroxidation and heme iron absorption.

Read more: Is Balsamic Vinegar Healthy and Primal? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.