Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-surgery swelling page 2

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    As was mentioned already, inflammation is actually critical to healing. There's a reason most doctors will tell you to stay away from anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen post-surgery.

The inflammation sends information to your brain that there is a problem that needs to be taken care of. Just keep doing what your PT advises and ice often!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i won't recommend putting away the ice cream, but i do recommend making good ice cream choices. a lot of them are packed with corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and tons of other crap that probably aren't helpful to surgery recovery.

but, there are a few brands that keep the ingredients low for those primal folk who can't say no to a primal treat:
    hagen daas 5 is an obvious choice
    blue bunny is pretty good
    check out SO Delicious coconut milk ice cream. it's divine.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, everyone. And primalrob - it's only Haagen Daz for me. I don't have 5, but I do have vanilla or vanilla bean, and choc-choc chip, both of which aren't horrific (never mind the massive sugar). And when I'm done with the current stash, I'll rein it in - it's been a lovely post-op treat, but it's just about 2 weeks after the surgery. Safe to say it's time to get back to apples and almond butter as my nighttime treat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12