Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tribulus Terrestris page

drew_free Guest

Primal Fuel

People often ask me what they should use to boost their testosterone for purposes of lean muscle gain. I take a more wholistic approach to fitness and don't want to recommend any of the pro-hormone supplements that dot the market these days.

I worry though that if I don't give them an option that's still somewhat healthy they'll just go find the most popular results driven product that pays no regard for future health.

Would Tribulus Terrestris be a viable option? Would Grok use Tribulus? I feel that taking an herb like this wouldn't be harmful even in the long run but I read that it's debateable whether or not it actually gets "real" results.

There's a lot of tribulus products on the market but most include other ingredients that I'm not sure of their long term effects on the endocrine system and the body in general.

Any feed back on this would be much appreciated.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I have never heard of that plant. I love the name though.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Grizz is offline Banned
    I just started taking TwinLabs Tribulous Fuel.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...044#post242044

Not to gain strength and not for Libido, but primarily to see if it has a positive effect on prostate problems. I have not yet seen an improvement in prostate yet ( 4 days taking it ), but I have noticed a stronger erection.

My theory is that increasing levels of testosterone will cause the prostate problems to go away.

Best to all,
    Grizz

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    but I have noticed a stronger erection.
    can you do a cock pushup?

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    here I thought this was going to be a post about tribbles...

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Is that like horny goat weed?

If you want to boost testosterone, eat lots of red meat and lift heavy (squats and deadlifts max effort) once or twice a week. Your body will do the work.

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post

If you want to boost testosterone, eat lots of red meat and lift heavy (squats and deadlifts max effort) once or twice a week. Your body will do the work.
    +1

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post

Does this part apply to women too? I realize that women don't have as much testoterone as men and we won't get bulky or huge with lifting weights. However, do red meat and heavy lifting boost women's testosterone even a bit?

When I tried to search on google, all I got were reassurances that I wouldn't get "huge" by lifting weights. Which isn't quite what I'm asking. haha

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Does this part apply to women too? I realize that women don't have as much testoterone as men and we won't get bulky or huge with lifting weights. However, do red meat and heavy lifting boost women's testosterone even a bit?

When I tried to search on google, all I got were reassurances that I wouldn't get "huge" by lifting weights. Which isn't quite what I'm asking. haha
    Surprisingly, tribulus reportedly helps women.
    Quote Originally Posted by thread
    From a menopause site:

"Tribulus terrestris The herb tribulus is one of the best natural alternatives to relieve the symptoms of menopause. Studies have shown that tribulus can completely or nearly completely alleviate all symptoms of menopause, with a stunning success rate of 98%. This herb can also improve bone turnover activity, thus helping menopausal women maintain optimal bone health. Lastly, tribulus is also the only herb shown to work for both natural and surgical menopause."
    Although I'm not menopausal yet, I have just ordered some to see if it helps with me lower body fat.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...5948#post15948
    This thread was the first I've heard that Tribulus helps women !

BTW) I didn't read them, but there are 300,000 hits in Google Search, tribulus for women. Amazing things.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-22-2010 at 01:12 PM.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just ran out, and am going to take a break from Trib. I take so many herbs it's hard to tell what's doing what, but for a while it was my only testosterone boosting supplement, and the lead was definitely in the pencil as it were.

I got a really good price on it, so it was worth it to try it out. I'll use it again in the future, but it's good to give things a break now, and then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast