Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Are Some Ways To Sweeten My Primal Diet? page

dimples is offline Junior Member

What's Are Some Ways To Sweeten My Primal Diet?

Shop Now
    So I'm looking for some ways to add a bit of flavour to the things I drink....

What kind of ideas you got?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    What do you drink?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    You could use stevia. Just make sure it is pure stevia, and not the junk that's cut with dextrose or maltodextrin. And use sparingly. I found that when I stopped sweetening everything I ate and drank I began to appreciate the natural flavors of foods and drinks much more, and can now satisfy my cravings for something sweet with a little fruit instead.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    We use flavored stevia drops, SweetLeaf makes them. My favorite flavor for coffee is English Toffee, and we usually have one of their fruit flavors around (orange, lemon, berry) for tea or to make "water and sweet drops" for our 4 year old (plain water apparently only tastes good out of water fountains? lol). After being Primal for a while, I noticed that I use less and less of the sweet drops in my coffee/tea. Same thing with sweet potatoes--I used to add honey or brown sugar, now they're plenty sweet on their own.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Heavy cream and coconut cream are what I add to my coffee. Other than that I just stick to water.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    i'm with Neckhammer...i find coconut cream does the trick. adding vanilla also helps.
    i keep a can of blended coconut cream with heavy cream in the fridge. AMAZING for a quick spoonful and even better in coffee! this morning i added cocoa powder and i couldn't stop myself. might have to cut that out next time.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I would try not to use anything sweet, but if you have to Stevia is probably the best option. Xylitol and Erythritol are sugar alcohols with no calories. If not concerned about the sugar I would opt for brown rice syrup or tapioca syrup. Many will use honey, but honey has fructose, which can be bad for your health so I prefer the other two which are safer starches (glucose and maltose).

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I put honey in my tea and don't worry about it. Doesn't seem to be messing with my hunger, weight loss, or anything else...and I use honey from local beekeepers, so there are the helpful micronutrients. But really, it's half a teaspoon a day, so not much in any case. Sometimes I'll use a little maple syrup instead.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    If I need something sweet, I use honey or Xylitol. Apparently, Xylitol actually has health benefits. But I don't use it in food because it's extremely toxic to dogs and we have one dog who will eat ANYTHING. Including baked leeks.

dimples is offline Junior Member
    I just drink water.......

thanks for the ideas so far.

How bad are those "water flavoring" things?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast