Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy page

suechef is offline Member

Dairy

Primal Fuel
    I imagine this info is here somewhere, apologies if so. I'm just wondering - has anyone had a successful PB experience eating dairy the whole time? I don't mean tons of it. (and I mean for weight loss/getting in shape).

I would be sad to give it up! I get some great 14% fat sour cream here I love to eat with steak. I'll give it up if I have to, to achieve my goals, but... life without aged cheddar or double creme brie?

cheerio

RezH is offline Senior Member
    It would depend on your caloric intake. I eat heavy cream, butter, and cottage cheese daily (not necessarily huge quantities though). I can't stop losing weight because I always fall under my maintenance.

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suechef View Post
    I imagine this info is here somewhere, apologies if so. I'm just wondering - has anyone had a successful PB experience eating dairy the whole time? I don't mean tons of it. (and I mean for weight loss/getting in shape).

I would be sad to give it up! I get some great 14% fat sour cream here I love to eat with steak. I'll give it up if I have to, to achieve my goals, but... life without aged cheddar or double creme brie?

cheerio
    I didnt eliminate dairy from my diet and im doing just fine.

I think that the dairy question revolves around how well do you tolerate it, my advice is to stop eating it for a few weeks, then reintroduce and see how does your body respond.

I eat plain natural yogurt and monterey organic cheese.

And thats it.

Hope that helps.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    My problem with dairy is that it causes some nasty auto-immune reactions in me for the most part. I wouldn't touch pasteurized milk with a 10-foot pole as the lactobacteria are all dead and there will be no way I can digest it properly. Real yogurt with a real bacterial culture might be fine although I haven't tried any. Casein also appears to mess with me and give me acne so right now I'm down to ghee and whey isolate as my dairy.

All in all I would just get some food sensitivity testing from a good alternative medicine practitioner. Can't go wrong there.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing PB for almost a year. I am 6'2 and started at 305 lbs, as of April 1, I was 235 lbs... and am for sure less than that now (not hitting the scale again until May 1). I used dairy regularly the whole time and have continued to lose weight. I cut out dairy this past monday in an effort to see if it is causing my acne, but if I don't see any benefits from cutting it out, it will be right back in. I'm not going to make any broad sweeping statements about dairy not mattering in the weight loss equation, but I can say that in my case, it hasn't mattered.

mcallit is offline Member
    I eat dairy everyday (butter, heavy cream, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, some other types of cheeses) but it doesn't make up the bulk of my energy (granted, the amount of heavy cream I drink definitely helps me keep up with the fat needed for energy).

I've read a lot of posts on here about stopping dairy completely then starting it back up, and I have yet to understand the point of doing so. Dairy has never bothered me, and even if I quit it for a few days and then go back to it, I notice no difference.

My wife eats plenty of dairy everyday as well and she's still losing weight! It may just depend on the person mostly.

Baker72 is offline Junior Member
    I'm on Raw Milk right now and it's amazing.

suechef is offline Member
    Thank you. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and if it's not working that's the first thing I'll cut it out and see what happens. I do believe everyone's different and you just need to be your own experiment.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Currently, about half of my daily calories come from full-fat dairy -- heavy cream, butter, and cheese. My weight loss has actually accelerated since I began eating more dairy a few weeks ago, so I can state unequivocally that for me, dairy is a very good thing. Maybe a person's ancestry is a factor in whether or not dairy is okay in their diet? I have Northern European ancestry on both sides, traced back more than 500 years, so that may be a factor in my being able to consume dairy with impunity. I need to research that.
    Last edited by Sharonll; 04-21-2010 at 10:53 AM.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Raw milk (mostly kefir), cream, butter, and a tiny bit of cheese. I would say about half of my calories. Still losing fat and putting on muscle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast