Thread: Only a week into Paleo and>>>>>>>>> page

JACKIEBASEBALL is offline Junior Member

Only a week into Paleo and>>>>>>>>>

I am only one week into this lifestyle. I am about 95% paleo. There are a few small items I am using such as Sweet potatoes (after workout) and Lowfat Rance with Carrots. BUT DAM I FEEL DIFFERENT!!!! I feel so much better. My workouts are better,My stomach does not hurt (had serious digestive issues) and I have more energy. I am really enjoying this..Its exciting to find new foods/recipes to eat! THANKS!

suechef is offline Member
    Glad you are feeling good. But oooo, lowfat ranch! Ranch is easy to make - sour cream, good mayo, cumin, fresh lime juice, a little salt if needed. I make all the dressings up at our fishing lodge and it's hard to go back to commercial (impossible, actually, since they all have added sugar). cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by suechef View Post
    Glad you are feeling good. But oooo, lowfat ranch! Ranch is easy to make - sour cream, good mayo, cumin, fresh lime juice, a little salt if needed. I make all the dressings up at our fishing lodge and it's hard to go back to commercial (impossible, actually, since they all have added sugar). cheerio
    Is there a recipe for this? Amounts? Thanks

suechef is offline Member
    There are recipes out there, certainly, and I would guess google could bring you many. I just wing it - maybe half cup each of sour cream and mayo, depending on what you like, juice of one lime - put in half, taste, put in the rest if you want - and probably half a teaspoon of ground cumin (again, it's a taste thing, you don't really taste the cumin, but it does whatever it does). You can also add a small amount of crushed garlic though I don't know if real ranch has that. Also salt to taste.

Once you start playing with salad dressings you'll find that you can do almost anything. I had some olive oil & basil in the fridge (done in a blender), and decided I wanted a creamy dressing so I add some 14% sour cream and fresh lemon juice and it's great.

I tried it and I need some work!!! LOL

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Here are a variety of salad dressings posted by Mark Sisson (doesn't include ranch, but these sound really good). Once you start making homemade dressings you will not want that premade, processed goo anymore!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-de...lad-dressings/

EllenG is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Goddess View Post
    Here are a variety of salad dressings posted by Mark Sisson (doesn't include ranch, but these sound really good). Once you start making homemade dressings you will not want that premade, processed goo anymore!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-de...lad-dressings/
    thanks for that link. I can officially swear off store bought salad dressings.