Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spam (again) page 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Chaohinon - why not gwumpy gwamma bird ?????? tears............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I nominate zoebird and paleobird for a couple....pretty much anyone with "bird" in their name, really
    So birds only, no cats??? Kidding, kidding.
    Yeah, it's really bad this weekend.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    I found spam on my journal thread this morning, and I just searched the forum for how to report it and couldn't find anything.....thanks for bringing up the subject.

Pea

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    there's at least one member they made into a mod

sure it's annoying, but i guess i don't see short blasts of spamming as a reason to quit the internet
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWannabeGirl View Post
    I found spam on my journal thread this morning, and I just searched the forum for how to report it and couldn't find anything.....thanks for bringing up the subject.

Pea
    You see the little triangle with the exclamation point at the bottom left of every post? That's how you report it.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    there's at least one member they made into a mod

sure it's annoying, but i guess i don't see short blasts of spamming as a reason to quit the internet
    It is relieving to see that at least one person feels this way! I don't feel like it's a huge deal to just ignore it and wait overnight/a few hours for it to get cleaned up, depending on when it's posted and if people report it.

I don't know how many worker bees there are, but there are only maybe 3 volunteer mods that help clean up spam. They don't have any say in spam prevention. And yes, the worker bees/formal mods do not work on weekends.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    You see the little triangle with the exclamation point at the bottom left of every post? That's how you report it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It is relieving to see that at least one person feels this way! I don't feel like it's a huge deal to just ignore it and wait overnight/a few hours for it to get cleaned up, depending on when it's posted and if people report it.

I don't know how many worker bees there are, but there are only maybe 3 volunteer mods that help clean up spam. They don't have any say in spam prevention. And yes, the worker bees/formal mods do not work on weekends.
    high five? hmm? i think you want to
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Complaining about something that is free is funny. (Though I'm sure I've been guilty of it.)

Also, the mods have been doing a really good job at getting rid of spam lately, so I see this truck guy as a blip.

Solution: gather up 500 of your closest internet friends. Pitch/chip in for the software. Create a private board where no one new can post until approved by a mod. Voila! No ads; no spam. And for a few bucks every six months, there is peace and quiet.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    joanie, when you say things like that in that tone i start getting a girlcrush

also, the spammers are real people. they aren't bots, they can and have jumped through the hoops mark put out to catch them and all he got for the trouble was more complaining

the problem could be much worse than it is
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast