Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So virtually no weight loss in a month - are my ratios correct? page

hayley3 is offline Member

So virtually no weight loss in a month - are my ratios correct?

Primal Fuel
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Can anyone please advise me as I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong - I have had only 2lb weight loss in a month and minimal changes on the tape measure and this makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, here are the stats/details:

28yo, female, 5'5'', start weight 198lbs, weight today 196lbs, body fat approx. 39%

Yesterday's meal as an example was a ratio of fat 66% (182.4g) Protein 23% (137.4g) Carbs 11% (40.7g) and total cals 1824

B - IF
    Coffee with heavy cream
    L - BAS with avocado, lettuce, pepper, chicken, 2 boiled eggs & some ff mayo
    D - Chicken/coconut curry with onions and peppers - I had a small bowl, it contained very basic things and all primal + 1 small square of 95% chocolate

That's it! I wasn't hungry and only ate when I was ready to and it sure as hell falls way below what I used to eat so I just don't get it. I feel better but the scale just won't budge and the inch loss is minimal! The only thing I can think of is that I'm not getting enough exercise although I did clear out the attic by myself last night so lifted heavy things and climbed the ladder about a million times. I also walk with the dog every day and do some lunges and squats (when no one is around to see me!). I try to get to the gym 2 x per week to do weights but this has been a bit sporadic of late.

Can anyone help/advise me on some things to try because I just want to maximise the full PB potential?

Many thanks in advance!
    Hayley
    There are none so blind as those determined not to see

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It *looks* ok to me.

"ff mayo" Does that mean fat free?

What I've been doing since stalling out, is calculating my RMR (www.caloriesperhour.com) and limiting my calories to my RMR (which for me at age 28, 5'7" and 130 lbs, is aproximately 1350.) Your macros look like mine.

Hmm...

Thanks Diana Renata, that's what I thought but maybe the calories are the thing. I just didn't want to have to worry about counting cals and monitoring what I eat as that's what got me in the bad eating habits to begin with - yesterday looking at the food I had there wasn't really very much and I was surprised how quickly it all added up (I don't usually count). I don't eat much dairy and don't want to move to meat only so I'll just persevere I guess, maybe my body is just taking a while to get used to the new way of life?! FF Mayo was full fat mayo btw, I thought that would be better than one with sugars and sweeteners (well more sugars and sweeteners that is).

Confused.com....

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member
    Mayo shouldn't have any any sugar (minimal to where it says 0 grams) or carbs.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Oh I got my FF's mixed up- LOL. Homemade mayo is the best.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Remove the cream, mayo and chocolate for a few weeks. That should help. Even a little bit of chocolate and cream will stall me.

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    It all looks good to me. How are your stress levels? Are you getting enough sleep? It sounds like you are moving slowly on the dog walks everyday...so that is good also. The days you do lift heavy, are you intensely focusing on each and every lift? I watched people in the gym for years that came in every day and never seemed to make any visible progress. I would then see other people (men and women) make leaps and bounds in 30 days, 60 days and look like a new person in 90 days. I have no idea what their diets were like outside of the gym, but what I did notice was the intensity of each lift for the people that made significant progress. Too many times we go through the motions of a workout instead of really focusing on the muscles we are using for each and every lift. If you intensely focus on your muscles, your breathing and slow down your concentric (muscle contraction) and eccentric (lengthen). Most people tend to concentrate on on the muscle contraction and forget to slow down on the downward motion. For example, if you do a bicep curl, the concentric phase is when you lift the weight from the down position up to your chest/shoulders. Most people focus on this part and quickly lower the weights to the starting position in an effort to get on with the next rep. If you do your lowering of the weight as slowly as possible and really concentrate on each and every lift in the same manner, your body will respond.

Just some thoughts and I hope they help. Also, did you happen to order Mark's book and get the free stuff when he was pushing for No. 1 on Amazon? If so, there is a great audio that came with the package that talks about the 20 reasons why you may not be losing weight. It is a really good listen and may help you focus your efforts.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your success!

Thanks Myprimallife, Diana Renata, Stoneagequeen and Beefcake all great food for thought :-) I feel a bit sad to cut out the cream, the others I can for sure just the cream makes many things palateable :-( I'll give it a try though - no pain no gain huh?!

Beefcake - thanks so much, I most certainly am guilty of not focusing on the latter parts of lifting and you're right, I do just want to get to the next step so I will definately focus more on this. I guess we tend to rush through things as quickly as we can but who says life should be a rush? Unfortunately I didn't get all the extra bits with the book as I only just got it via Amazon UK. I'll see if I can dig out the list of 20 things from the web, I'm sure it's floating around somewhere...

Really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions - now, I'm off to have a got a making primal mayo!

~Hayley

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    lots of chicken... wheres the beef???? chicken i really dont like to see a lot of people live off of... for me, and i AM trying to gain, it makes gaining weight very easy... beef however... if i only eat beef with my veggies and such it is damn near impossible to gain sometimes... just food for thought. i have no reason for this i just notice it

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You've already gotten some great advice! What I sould suggest in addition to what's mentioned above, though is to give yourself a little more time, maybe another month or so. From my experience, if one has additional hormonal issues it can take a little longer for your body to adjust to the changes and start healing itself. So it can depend on what kind of shape your system was in to begin with on how fast "weight loss" takes.

For me (with hypothyroidism and had low adrenals which then affected my other hormones- estrogen and progesterone), it's taking a bit longer to see weight loss. But I focus on the feeling so much more better it's crazy part of the PB. I know that some of this feeling better is my system starting to work correctly and build back up after being treated not so well for years.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that it took years of abuse to get my body into this condition, it's going to take a little time to reverse that. And it can be tough reading people's super duper quick weight loss and thinking it isn't working! Just don't give up, concentrate on the health part, and give it some time!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast