Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Benefits page

billdb is offline Junior Member

Unexpected Benefits

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm wondering if others have experienced unexpected benefits from primal eating. I just started about a week ago and have been pretty solid except for an incident with some Carrot Cake that my wife bought.

Anyway, in addition to very steady energy, Ive also noticed that I'm sleeping a lot less. This could be because I'm at a conference, and not at home, but I'm just not sleepy - I'm getting about 6 hours per night, but don't feel tired. Also, I noticed that my teeth feel really clean, as if i just got them cleaned. I've read that dental problems are asociated with the Western Diet, but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks,

Bill

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    My sense of smell and reflexes are incredible! I'm like a wolf or some badass animal. It might be the diet or it might be the harder training but the harder training is a result of the diet so either way primal is working out just great.

fit4lifegal is offline Member
    Bill, I've experiences some "bonuses" - but different than yours - I sleep much better (but still 7-8 hours), heal faster and I seem to be able to concentrate better. I also seem happier, overall. Glad you are getting some good benefits!

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    My sense of smell and reflexes are incredible! I'm like a wolf or some badass animal. It might be the diet or it might be the harder training but the harder training is a result of the diet so either way primal is working out just great.
    Way OT but whenever I picture you, I totally picture Harry Potter.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    Way OT but whenever I picture you, I totally picture Harry Potter.
    To go further OT your avatar picture makes me think of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat doing his 'get over here' move. You even have your spare hand raised ready to strike.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    The lack of sleep is probably partially due to ketosis. Dr. Eades mentions that it tends to keep people awake at night for the first few weeks on this kind of dietary plan, so it will fade with time. But the fact that you feel energized is great, isn't it?

I've also experienced the tooth thing. It's awesome.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    I've experienced the clean teeth thing as well. I have leaps and bounds more energy, sleep better, heal faster, get sick less than 1/4 as often, and my allergies are little to none (when normally I would do best to buy stock in kleenex). Not to mention the weight loss =)

All in all, Primal is probably the best thing that has EVER happened to me as far as quality of life.

CanisDirus is offline Member
    This is my second week of eating primal and I find that I sleep better. I fall asleep faster, sleep deeper and through the night (This has never happened in my entire life, I used to always wake up at 3am!). My dreams are really vivid too!
    I noticed the teeth thing as well, which is very welcome considering I have weak teeth and dental problems. I am hoping the Primal lifestyle will spell the end for my frequent root canals! :P

MmmFat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I'm certainly no ninja, but I have noticed an unexplainable ability to toss things *into* trashcans. (A remarkable first for me!) My sense of smell has always been good, so now it's almost too good.

I sleep better (7.5 hours is enough for me now) my allergies are almost nonexistent, my IBS seems to be going away, I'm not hungry all the time, and my hormones seem to be regulating themselves better, if you get my drift. All in all, not bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast