Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unexpected Benefits page 3

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen any gray hairs in about 6 months. Which is pretty wild, because I got a whole slew of em about a year ago and I thought I was finally doomed.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I have terrific energy and focus, and people have noted that I'm "glowing.". I've also noticed that things taste better, that water tastes sweeter, and that salt is way saltier.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I used to wake up 4-5 days a week with a headache. The back of my neck throbbing and aching. Most days started with a coffee and two tylenol or advil.

Now I haven't had a headache in at least 2 months. It is such an unbelievably awesome thing for me to be headache-free. Never thought it would happen!

Whoops, actually I did have one headache about 2 weeks ago. After a night of eating some bad stuff (TONS 'O CARBS) I woke up with a doozie. One headache in 2 months and I'm sure I know exactly why I got it.

Stuck to the plan since then, and I'm back on the headache-free wagon. Yet another reason to keep eating properly.

HowToDieYoung is offline Junior Member
    My allergies used to be terrible. Multiple surgery, shot, and pills bad. Now they are virtually non-existent.

Sue991 is offline Member
    It's great to hear all the benefits people are experiencing. I'm only on day 8 of trying to eat primal but so far I've been surprised at the lack of hunger and I feel quite good. Still unsure about what to eat sometimes but I'm not actually bothered about not eating something were as before I would get quite obsessed about what to eat next.

I lost 2lb in the first 5 days so am looking forward to more fat loss, better sleep patterns and generally a better life! So glad that I found this way of living.

Hazy1966 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by billdb View Post
    I'm wondering if others have experienced unexpected benefits from primal eating.
    My brain is working a lot "clearer" during the day.

My 3pm potato chip / chocolate cravings have absolutely disappeared without a trace.

My 5pm after work bourbon cravings have also gone. I'll still have one of two every now and then, but there are no cravings.

Best of all though, my feeling of wellbeing, general health and achievement (so far) are just sensatonal and give me greater incentive to read and learn more, and continue walking down the PB road (between 55% and 75% of max HR of course)
    Commenced PB Jan 2nd 2012.
    86.1kg, 23% bodyfat
    Last assessment January 26, 2014 - 79.4kgs & 14.6% bodyfat

My goal is to:
    Maintain PB lifestyle of diet and exercise.
    Maintain weight of around 80kgs and 15% bodyfat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123