Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Benefits page 2

batty is offline Senior Member
    my oral hygiene has improved too! i get so much dang meat stuck in my teeth that my flossing frequency has increased. much to the delight of my dentist

but seriously, my mood swings that used to be, like, 99% of my behavior are largely nonexistent now. i feel so much better.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    My allergies have disappeared as well, the only thing I'm still allergic to is my cat. Then again grok would not have had a cat, so maybe i'll roast him up Just kiddin.

Though I have noticed my putting game in disc golf has improved since going primal, definatley a huge plus!

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Teeth feel stronger, sinuses are going away, tons of energy, skin feels better. I used to get this chronic stomach pain that doctors couldnt figure out ("just eat more fiber!") now thats gone too.

I also have the burning desire to do more primal things - I have been walking everywhere, switching toothpaste/soap/deodorant to natural products, I switched to a standing desk, getting my vibrams in today... its like my body is finally waking up.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    It's crazy. I wake up before my alarm now- and I used to be groggy in the mornings. I am less congested. Skin is clearer, I have better focus, migraines seem to be GONE, and my energy levels are through the roof- I just caught myself dancing around the kitchen while cleaning!

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    To go further OT your avatar picture makes me think of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat doing his 'get over here' move. You even have your spare hand raised ready to strike.
    Hahaha! Yes! Get over here!
    Last edited by Suki; 04-21-2010 at 07:06 PM.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I'm much more relaxed, focused when I need to be, and generally more open to new input.

I didn't freak out when my husband got laid off last month. Then after HE got laid off, random people working at really cool places have started calling ME asking if I'm looking! Weirdest thing ever. [I can't explain how that was caused by my going Primal, but I also can't explain tornadoes, and those happen, so there you go.]

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Yup definitely sleep better with lots more energy. My depression has really improved, no more migraines, and no more indigestion or stomach problems. I really think Primal has improved just about everything

Has anyone else noticed that food has more flavor? I feel like I can really taste everything I put into a dish. And smell too! My friend thought I might be pregnant since my sense of smell has gone through the roof! (I'm not)

lumos is offline Junior Member
    My seasonal allergies are almost non-existent now. I used to have to use Nasonex most of the time - now I only get stuffed up when my cat sits on my lap. I haven't used Nasonex in months.

I'm much happier over-all, and I seem to be handling stress better - instead of getting all down and grumpy with work problems, I'm staying calmer. I feel really cheerful most of the time.

I can finally sleep through the night - I've achieved the perfect sleep - 10 pm until 6:30 am without waking up once! I couldn't believe it. I can't do that every night, but I'm sleeping through the night often enough now to make me feel pretty rested most of the time. In the past, I'd be awake from about 3 a.m. - 5 a.m. almost every night. I do take Magnesium Citrate at bedtime and I give this a lot of credit for helping with my sleep.

I look forward to my workouts now, and actually enjoy going. That's very new and strange for me.

For the first time in probably 10 years, I don't crave chocolate every single day of my life.

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Something else I've noticed recently -my eyelashes are growing like crazy! Definitely no need for Latisse or that crazy stuff. I think it's due to using coconut oil on my face and eating it as well

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    my oral hygiene has improved too! i get so much dang meat stuck in my teeth that my flossing frequency has increased. much to the delight of my dentist

but seriously, my mood swings that used to be, like, 99% of my behavior are largely nonexistent now. i feel so much better.
    Better teeth was the reason I continued with primal eating once I lost weight. I had incredibly porous teeth and even though I brushed 3x a day and flossed daily, I still had cavities every time I went to the dentist. 6 months after going primal, I had my first check-up that did not involve a filling! And I haven't had a cavity in the almost 6 years I've been doing this!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast