joshclem is offline Junior Member

Fat in steak?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey

i need to up the fat i eat

i eat a steak every day but i really hate the fat around the edges

my question to you is if there is 40g of fat in the steak

and i dont eat the FAT

will there still be FAT in the steak? how many g?

thanks

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    If a tree falls in the forest, but once goblin always lies and one always tells the truth, if you can see the moon and the sun at the same time who is wrong and where do whores go?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    If a tree falls in the forest, but once goblin always lies and one always tells the truth, if you can see the moon and the sun at the same time who is wrong and where do whores go?
    I can answer the last part: DOWN.

To the OP, you should be able to *estimate* it using most food trackers (Food journal for the Paleo Diet - PaleoTrack is what I use). Just select the cut of beef and select 'trimmed to 0" fat' for the cut and select the weight and it should give you a good idea.

Beef, rib, eye, small end (ribs 10-12), separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, raw <-- I use this a lot
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    They play pick up sticks in a vat of baby oil...
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    They play pick up sticks in a vat of baby oil...
    lol....

To OP: If you wanna add fat to steak saute onion and mushrooms in as much butter as you like ( I take 2-4 tablespoons). Poor the whole bit over your steak.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lol....

To OP: If you wanna add fat to steak saute onion and mushrooms in as much butter as you like ( I take 2-4 tablespoons). Poor the whole bit over your steak.
    This is exactly what my dinner menu looks like tonite. Beef tenderloin is too lean for my tastes.
    To OP: You can either supplement your meal with another type of fat (as mentioned), or just trim off the fatty edges and don't worry about it. Depending on the type of steak and how the marbling looks, there will be still some fat in it, but even the online nutrition databases are a rough estimate, at best.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you want to eat more fat, just eat more fat. A few spoons of butter or coconut oil a day taken by spoon will do the trick. Or you can just fry your food in it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about all trackers, but googling for "calories in ____________" (fill in cut of steak) will often lead you to nutritional info like gms of fat. And since CW is stll anti-fat, you'll sometimes find the words "trimmed to no more than 1/4" of fat.

You kinda just can't throw out "how many grams of fat are in my steak?" without any idea of the weight of the steak, the cut of the steak, how much fat was trimmed, etc.

If it takes a hen and a half a day and a half to lay an egg and a half, how long does it take a one-legged monkey to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle? (I think I botched that quote, but it's from the intro of a Tom Robbins book.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.