Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Health Diet - Newest Edition

Hybrid View

Perfect Health Diet - Newest Edition

Is anyone reading the newest edition, with the Forward that was written by Mark?
    Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I am so loving it!!
    I bought it on Kindle but realized I needed a hard copy,
    so looking for it from Amazon any day.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I am so loving it!!
    I bought it on Kindle but realized I needed a hard copy,
    so looking for it from Amazon any day.
    Same here. I love my Kindle, but it really does not have the ease of flipping back and forth like a hard copy, which I think is necessary w/this book!

Loving it here too! So much useful information and easy to read presentation of up-to-date science.

I haven't ordered the new edition yet, but it's definitely on my list of books to add to my personal library

Mark may have given his seal of approval on it, but I still prefer a little thing called "the Primal Blueprint."

But maybe that's just me being crazy and talking out of my ass here...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Mark may have given his seal of approval on it, but I still prefer a little thing called "the Primal Blueprint."

But maybe that's just me being crazy and talking out of my ass here...
    It doesn't seem much different than PB... just a really good book with more info and science than PB and perhaps a bit higher in carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    It doesn't seem much different than PB... just a really good book with more info and science than PB and perhaps a bit higher in carbs.
    I'd say a pound of starch a day is a little more than a "bit" higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I'd say a pound of starch a day is a little more than a "bit" higher.
    Actually, a pound of sweet potato works out to 96 grams of carbohydrate (Nutrition Data, based on 6g/oz). Add in a large banana (31 g carbohydrate) and you get 127 g of carbs. That's well within Mark's recommendation for weight maintenance (100 to 150 g of carbs).

I read the first edition of the PHD, and I just got my copy of the newest edition from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Actually, a pound of sweet potato works out to 96 grams of carbohydrate (Nutrition Data, based on 6g/oz). Add in a large banana (31 g carbohydrate) and you get 127 g of carbs. That's well within Mark's recommendation for weight maintenance (100 to 150 g of carbs).

I read the first edition of the PHD, and I just got my copy of the newest edition from Amazon.
    Mark's recommendation is to get most of that carb count from veggies though. He does eat starches, but not on a regular basis as I understand it. Certainly NOT daily.

Not saying the PHD is wrong, but that is one BIG divergence from the PB.