Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Perfect Health Diet - Newest Edition page 7

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^But cooked rice is nothing like potato's for me (and I've heard it from many others). I can probably eat several pounds of any type of grain including rice without putting a dent in the ole satiety index.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
    .....and yes, the morning wood!
    If there is ever one day that goes by I do not wake with my flag raised high I will seriously reconsider all of my current life choices.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    ^But cooked rice is nothing like potato's for me (and I've heard it from many others). I can probably eat several pounds of any type of grain including rice without putting a dent in the ole satiety index.
    True, goes for me as well. For now I am sticking with potatoes and sweet potatoes, never cared much for rice though I'll use it occasionally.

Keep flying that flag boys

Siren is offline Senior Member
    Ok, even as a woman, I'm LOVING the flag-flying innuendos... Thanks for the lolz, fellas =)

Back on topic: I skimmed through PHD at the bookstore yesterday, and spent many, many hours last night and today studying up, flipping through forums, and doing a bunch of research. I'm going to be starting the diet next week, on a more official basis, at least. I've been eating sweet potatoes regularly, even daily, for months now, but I've yet to touch white rice or regular potatoes. I'm also going to be adding more fermented foods (kimchi, anyone?), homemade bone broth & chicken stock, and seaweed to my repertoire. I've also got to convince myself to start eating eggs again; for the longest time I believed they were causing me gut issues. I know differently now, but I still don't want to assault my system with egg protein right away. I'll also be introducing the starches very slowly, say a 1/4 cup of rice the first day, and a small, baked red potato the next. I'll judge my body's reaction and go from there. BTW, here's why I'm doing it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77462.html
    I'm really hoping to gain weight on this "diet," because going LC or even somewhat LC are only keeping the body fat off. I estimate that I'm at 12% right now, and with very little muscle mass (I estimate less than 40 pounds of me is actual muscle; my skin literally hangs off me now) the LAST thing I need to worry about is gaining body fat. Has anyone here tried this to GAIN weight? How did it go? How did you look/ feel/ perform? I'm hoping to start CrossFit once I get back into health, so any feedback is appreciated...
    "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    the LAST thing I need to worry about is gaining body fat. Has anyone here tried this to GAIN weight? How did it go? How did you look/ feel/ perform? I'm hoping to start CrossFit once I get back into health, so any feedback is appreciated...
    I didnt read through the other post, but my notes to gain muscle via PHD are: 30 percent carbs, 18 percent protein, and 52 percent fat

Add 500 calories per hour of athletic training.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I loved this book! They really back up their recommendations with some sound research, found it informative and convincing. Added some starches back into my diet after reading it several months ago with great results, better workouts, lower bodyfat, more sustained energy and improved bowel movements (something I had become a bit concerned about on my previously strict Paleo diet).

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    If you do CrossFit, you must add some safe starches at your last meal or after your WOD. book is good and Dr. J has done a lot of wonderful podcast recently supporting his book.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567