Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating canned salmon daily page

That One Guy is offline Junior Member

Eating canned salmon daily

Anyone else eat the hell out of canned salmon?

I've been eating it almost daily for over a year. I buy a brand that sells wild caught Alaskan pink salmon. The research I've done says pink salmon has a low life span and doesn't pick up all the nasty stuff. I also read something about how getting omega 3 from fish produced better levels than taking pills.

http://www.wildrivergrilling.com/ind...lmon_Facts.htm

Pedrito is offline Junior Member
    Are you using "no salt added", love salmon , but I have a hard time finding no salt added in grocery stores.
    Crown Prince, is one brand that offers it.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I eat it frequently. Less frequently since I switched over to more sardines because they contain less contaminants. Not that I think the contaminant conent of either is of much consequence, especially with IFing, chlorella, milk thistle, iodine and all the other stuff in my favor.

Anyway yes. Mine has 28% DV in one can. Biiiiig deal I hardly consume any salt other than that and maybe a gram of sea salt from my shaker.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I eat canned salmon probably three times a week or so. I like the red salmon much better than the pink though and I think it's meant to be better nutrient wise as well.

That One Guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito View Post
    Are you using "no salt added", love salmon , but I have a hard time finding no salt added in grocery stores.
    Crown Prince, is one brand that offers it.
    I eat something like 8oz of salmon a day, which is around 1000mg of sodium. Ever since going primal my blood pressure has dropped to normal levels. I'd also say my sodium intake has increased, on average. From my own personal experience, I don't see what the big deal with taking too much sodium in. There has been times when I consumed in excess of 5000mg, my head didn't explode and my blood pressure remained normal.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
    Anyone else eat the hell out of canned salmon?

I've been eating it almost daily for over a year. I buy a brand that sells wild caught Alaskan pink salmon. The research I've done says pink salmon has a low life span and doesn't pick up all the nasty stuff. I also read something about how getting omega 3 from fish produced better levels than taking pills.

http://www.wildrivergrilling.com/ind...lmon_Facts.htm
    A can of sardines daily. I do love salmon though.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I eat Bumblebee canned wild Alaskan pink salmon 3-5x per week.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    i eat canned red salmon a few times a week.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I feel like going and buying canned salmon now. I have bought fresh salmon from the fishmarket before but that is too pricey to be a regular thing.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    laziness and grossed-out-ness re the salmon bones means I have more tuna than salmon for my workday B.A.S...

I heard with canned salmon the main issue is to avoid ATLANTIC salmon..because that's where the nasties - mercury et al - are worse. Or was that to buy Atlantic salmon, now I can't remember (and clearly have ignored anyway) - sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone heard the same advice (and is it to avoid or buy Atlantic!)...thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast