Thread: Nutribullet page

SabrinaL is offline Junior Member

Nutribullet

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I saw an infomercial about the Nutribullet, which claims to "turn ordinary food into superfood" by breaking down the cell walls of plants with its 600-Watt motor. It's about $130, depending on where you buy it. The videos on the website nutribullet.com seem very convincing, but I want to hear from MDA readers whether this is a worthwhile investment, since I already have a blender and I'm a college student, so I would only spend this much money if it would definitely be worth it.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I personally believe its all marketing. For millions of years humans never had fancy blenders to break down their food, they just put it in their mouth and their digestion took care of the rest. We evolved to eat things that way. I myself will make a green smoothie just for the sake of being time efficient, but in no way do I believe that its superior to eating it in its natural form.

If anything the extra horsepower is good for blending faster and having less of a struggle pushing the ingredients down towards the blades. But I don't think its necessary to "pulverise and break the cell wall" like the actor on the informercial claims. Btw, I use a Vitamix which was almost $400. I liked it because I went through 2 blenders last year between my fiance and I, and the Vitamix has a 7 year warranty which makes it worth it for me. Not to mention you can make soups/sauces/nut butter and even primal/paleo baby food with.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    More like nutribullshit.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

I saw this too and I would have to say that if you found appeal in liquefying your food (I like to juice now and then), that it made more sense to spend less on this gadget vs. a Vitamix or similar blender at $500+. Depends on the warranty on how they handle returns too...if there were a quality, half size Vitamix for 200, no doubt I would go that route.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    'Breaking down the cell walls' I call this chewing

Smoothies are great in thier place, but I always feel that I'm gonna get hungry sooner if half the eating and digesting work is done for me
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................