Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom Teeth... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Wisdom Teeth... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Primal Fuel
    -aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Ouch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

PS: The sharpness illustrated isn't inaccurate, either.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    The swelling is the worst! If I get really stressed, I bite my cheek when chewing, and then it's a whole terrible cycle until I can calm down & get my cheek to heal.

Getting them out soon?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The swelling is the worst! If I get really stressed, I bite my cheek when chewing, and then it's a whole terrible cycle until I can calm down & get my cheek to heal.

Getting them out soon?
    Never. I'm letting them get on with it, because they've already made themselves space in my gums. Besides, teeth out = needle to my face. I'd rather have a wisdom tooth sticking through my cheek than have a needle come within 20cm of my face. I'm trying to view it as "adult teething".
    It's kinda annoying to try and accomodate them, though, ESPECIALLY with the extra swelling. And I keep getting bits of chocolate and nut lodged in the war-wounds.

I just really needed to vent, but had nothing to say, so I made a diagram.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    My wisdom teeth got so impacted they actually began cracking my jaw and causing me excruciating headaches. Pain or no pain, I was glad to have those babies gone.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    DH still has his. I call him monkey mouth. Mine were growing in sideways, so not enough room in my mouth, I guess. DS looked as if he could accommodate them, but then his perfect teeth were getting crowded and crooked from those massive molars, so we had them taken out. I wonder what % of the population really has room for them.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    I had a really interesting conversation years ago with a dental assistant about wisdom teeth. He figured we had them as an evolutionary leftover from days when we'd lose front teeth and the wisdoms were spares that moved down our jaws as replacements. Like shark teeth.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have my wisdom teeth but for some reason I was not born with any bottom ones.

Sadly, all my molars hurt all the time. I hate dentists. They've ruined me forever. I've been ruined by dental work ever more increasingly for almost 30 years. Started with two teeth and now it's pretty much all of them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    During the teething process, you might try some tea tree oil to help with the inflammation and keep the raw places from getting infected. It tastes nasty but it really works. I have seizures and bite the side of my tongue now and then. As if that already didn't hurt badly enough, if it gets infected it really hurts and takes forever to heal.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm one of those people with perfect teeth who had wisdom teeth removed because they were mucking with the alignment of regular teeth. I only had one tooth removed but am waiting for the rest Of the wisdom teeth to come in. i would much rather remove those teeth than sacrifice the very nice teeth i already have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast