Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I exercise without machine? Please share yours :) page

Roxy is offline Junior Member

How do I exercise without machine? Please share yours :)

Primal Fuel
    First turn on Kryptonite (by 3 Doors Down), now stand in front of the mirror, feet are shoulder apart or closer, now moving your knees back & forth just like you would bicycling slow pace but with the beat and then slowly increase it as fast as you can (bend your knees and have good straight up posture so that you don't hurt yourself). Now the trick is to keep your feet flat on the ground, pumping your knees, let your hips move, but the upper half of your body from the chest up should be still just as a desk clerk (or bank clerk).

You pass the challenge if you could have the bottom half move with the beat full time, make sure you are still breathing, smiling and still as if nothing is going on if someone just look at you on the top half.

If you want more, try to walk around with, moving forward for awhile and then back. Keep it graceful! Enjoy!

Note: try it at your own risk, don't do it if you're too full Pick your favorite up beat music and don't hurt yourself. This exercise should not cause your pain in any way, if it doesn't check your posture or just stop.
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    When I jog, I use an Ipod shuffe loaded with music by the Red Hot Chilli Pipers......

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Press ups against the side of the bath as full ones are still a bit hard. Dips between two chairs keeping my legs straight out, I started with legs bent. Sit ups or plank depending how I feel. Squats with two bags of sand in an old rucksack. Get underneath a table to do pull ups as I can't do full body weight ones yet. Plus being retired, I walk a mile or so into town, stroll around putting the shopping in a rucksack and walk home again. There's a bridge over a railway on one route to town and I run up the stairs either to or from, sometimes both directions. When I am more fit I will start doing Burpees too.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    When I jog, I use an Ipod shuffe loaded with music by the Red Hot Chilli Pipers......
    Is this a Scottish band? Piper Down!!!!!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First turn on Kryptonite (by 3 Doors Down), now stand in front of the mirror, feet are shoulder apart or closer, now moving your knees back & forth just like you would bicycling slow pace but with the beat and then slowly increase it as fast as you can (bend your knees and have good straight up posture so that you don't hurt yourself). Now the trick is to keep your feet flat on the ground, pumping your knees, let your hips move, but the upper half of your body from the chest up should be still just as a desk clerk (or bank clerk).

You pass the challenge if you could have the bottom half move with the beat full time, make sure you are still breathing, smiling and still as if nothing is going on if someone just look at you on the top half.

If you want more, try to walk around with, moving forward for awhile and then back. Keep it graceful! Enjoy!

Note: try it at your own risk, don't do it if you're too full Pick your favorite up beat music and don't hurt yourself. This exercise should not cause your pain in any way, if it doesn't check your posture or just stop.
    I lift weights.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    I should do more weight since my arms are pretty weak. Will check out the Hot Chili Pipers ... sounds up beat for exercise ... I know I can't jog or run ... at least I'm not really enjoying it as much as many people does. Thanks for sharing Have a great weekend!

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    1. a bucket full of water (can be used to work biceps, fore-arms, back)
    2. push ups, air squats, planks
    3. dips with chairs (covered before)
    4. dips at the corner of a fence or balcony railing (you are inside the "L")
    5. if you have kids within manageable weight range, use them for weighted push ups, squats
    6. if your spouse is within manageable weight range, you can do weighted calf-rises, squats (usually leads to a strange mix of full body massage and cardio routine in my case!)
    Few but ripe.

janetboye is offline Junior Member
    i agee it, at least I'm not really enjoying it as much as many people does. Thanks for sharing. good info

Samtop is offline Junior Member
    I'm visiting my mom right now. She lives in the middle of damned nowhere, the mountains. My workout this week consists of trudging through knee deep snow listening to Immortal, periodically breaking into a "sprint." Can't go too fast in the snow, but fast enough for me to dive into a snow bank like Scrooge McDuck.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Is this a Scottish band? Piper Down!!!!!
    Yes, I believe they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast