Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I exercise without machine? Please share yours :) page 2

phly6058 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is very nice information. I love to running in morning.
    Prison BreaK

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    The days I cannot go to the gym I do bodyweight exercises at home.

- Push-ups with one arm are a great replacement to the bench press
    - Similarly, vertical push-ups for shoulders (sorry don't know the name in English) are good replacement for the military press
    - For the legs... I just take advantage of living at the 11th floor. Adding some extra weight like a filled backpack does the job
    - Abs: I do standard crunches, as well as static positions like the V and the L position

I also have a pullup bar in the garage, for the lats, but I guess it doesn't count as it is a machine.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First turn on Kryptonite (by 3 Doors Down), now stand in front of the mirror, feet are shoulder apart or closer, now moving your knees back & forth just like you would bicycling slow pace but with the beat and then slowly increase it as fast as you can (bend your knees and have good straight up posture so that you don't hurt yourself). Now the trick is to keep your feet flat on the ground, pumping your knees, let your hips move, but the upper half of your body from the chest up should be still just as a desk clerk (or bank clerk).

You pass the challenge if you could have the bottom half move with the beat full time, make sure you are still breathing, smiling and still as if nothing is going on if someone just look at you on the top half.

If you want more, try to walk around with, moving forward for awhile and then back. Keep it graceful! Enjoy!

Note: try it at your own risk, don't do it if you're too full Pick your favorite up beat music and don't hurt yourself. This exercise should not cause your pain in any way, if it doesn't check your posture or just stop.
    Now get some Slipknot... and try that. *evil grin*

Also... check out the Simple Fit or the Simple Fit thread.
    Seriously.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7663.html
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Will try Cori! But instead of do full count, I could just do 1/4 or 1/2 count so that I can breath ... LOL

Thanks! It's always good to have something new to work with and make workout fun and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing everyone.
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I dance, walk and hula-hoop. Sometimes I do all 3 at the same time, while being dependent on a machine only for the music.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12