Thread: Food combining page

JonnyH is offline Senior Member

Food combining

Primal Fuel
    Hi
    My boss at work has recently been on a diet where he avoids carbs and protiens together. This got me thinking, and I did a little surfing.

Some interesting ideas out there, like this link;

Activist Post: Top 10 Rules for Proper Food Combining

Many sites seem to advise against the following:

Avoid Protein and starch and/or sugar, so the recovery meal after exercise is not ideal, I regularly have fish and sweet potato after a workout.

Avoid 2 types of protein together, I often have eggs and fish, meat and fish, guess this is not good!

Dont add oil or butter to protein meals, the fat that comes with the meat is ok, but don't add extra fat. So the oil or butter on the veggies that are a side for that steak isn't a good idea!

It seems to be hard to follow these rules, anyone else follow these?
    Anyone refute this info? be good to see the other side of the argument.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    All rubbish.

Only rule of food combining: if you're trying to lose weight, don't eat insulin-spiking sugars (or easily bioavailable sugars) in a high kcal meal, as insulin tells the body to "store" fats and sugars as bodily fat.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Bullshit. Protein helps blunt the cocaine-like properties of sugar.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

JonnyH is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear, I think it would be a real pain to follow those rules!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Bullshit. Protein helps blunt the cocaine-like properties of sugar.
    I know fat and carbs together equals a slower spike of blood sugar, but I wasn't aware of anything concerning the effects of protein and carbs at the same time. Of course, everything relates in some way, so no surprise there.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    All those techniques are more of a way to keep you from eating too many calories at any given sitting, and/or eliminating food reward. It basically assumes that you won't eat the same amount of calories of just one protein, so if you can only have eggs or only have steak you will eat less calories than if you could eat both together.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.