Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Testosterone And Primal Blueprint's Insane Amount Of Vegetables page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Six meals a day?

Come on man... Get with the program and read Mark's series on intermittent fasting. You don't have to eat that often and can even increase your levels of circulating HGH and testosterone by doing it!

That's a nice little bonus for someone who seems obsessed with hormones as it is.

CleanT is offline Junior Member
    Nuts are another option! It seems vegetable calories are so low and that it would take so much volume to come anywhere close to 100g of carbs that 'lesser quality' carbs are necessary. Further, that since I don't think anyone actually eats 150 carb grams of vegetables along with all the meat and fat, that the 'copious' amounts of vegetables talked about is a definite exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Six meals a day?

Come on man... Get with the program and read Mark's series on intermittent fasting. You don't have to eat that often and can even increase your levels of circulating HGH and testosterone by doing it!

That's a nice little bonus for someone who seems obsessed with hormones as it is.
    You're right about the fasting. The highest T feeling I ever experienced was on the warrior diet. Supplementing vegetable intake with yogurt, sweet potato, nuts and rice you can easily get to 100g of carbs on that diet. But it would be a massive cut back of vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanT View Post
    You're right about the fasting. The highest T feeling I ever experienced was on the warrior diet. Supplementing vegetable intake with yogurt, sweet potato, nuts and rice you can easily get to 100g of carbs on that diet. But it would be a massive cut back of vegetables.
    Heh, I eat pretty much Warrior Diet minus the recommended snacks these days myself.

More than the hormonal stuff though, it's just easier only eating once a day and having to only prepare one meal and not constantly be thinking about food. It just feels NATURAL to me.

Absolutely. Very clean feeling diet.

I have decided to hone in on the amount of green vegetables that I feel is reasonable and to experiment with how many more carbs I need from different sources to maintain 12-15% body fat. Thank you for the discussion everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanT View Post
    Absolutely. Very clean feeling diet.

I have decided to hone in on the amount of green vegetables that I feel is reasonable and to experiment with how many more carbs I need from different sources to maintain 12-15% body fat. Thank you for the discussion everyone.
    I get about 20-40 NET (subtract fiber from toal) grams of carbs from veggies daily. Be aware, tubers such as potatoe, sweet potatoes, taro, and all related are often called "vegetables" around here. CW seems to almost class tubers in their own category, but hey, they are made of vegetable matter, right?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    An entire bunch of kale plus a whole stalk of broccoli every single day really is a lot. I would definitely substitute some potatoes of some sort. And with a generous 2500 calorie daily allotment, I think I'd eat plenty of dates.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12