Thread: New guy from North Carolina... page

huskerbob is offline Junior Member

New guy from North Carolina...

Primal Fuel
    Have to admit I've been lurking here for several months. Learned a lot and finally decided to give the primal life a serious try. I ordered The Primal Blueprint and gave it a thorough read. On December 23 I took my first steps down the 'primal road'. So far I have not been disappointed. Giving up wheat, beans and diet soda has been easier for me than I feared. Haven't had a problem avoid sugar as much as possible. I'm down 13 lbs from my starting weight of 267. I understand a lot of that is probably water but I'm hoping to settle in at a 2 lb per week loss.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot more from you all as time goes by.

Thanks! I hope each of you achieve your personal goals, whatever those may be.

Bob

Fayetteville, NC.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Hi Bob - I'm new here too and I just started on the primal lifestyle. I used to live in NC too, in Raleigh to be exact. It sounds like you just lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks to so which is phenomenal. I've only changed my eating habits for two days and already I've noticed that I'm not hungry between meals like before. I also feel like I have a lot more energy, which is proably true but probably also psychological. Well, psychological or not, I hope it doesn't wear off!

See you in the forums.

Mike

LizNC is offline Junior Member
    I'm also new here as well and from NC! 13 lbs in 2 weeks is amazing. Keep up the good work, I"m impressed that you started this new way of eating prior to the holidays...the holidays were not so pretty for me.....

nsanechick is offline Junior Member
    Hey Bob! And Liz! Nice to see fellow North Carolinians! Good luck on your journey!!

haroldcrews is offline Junior Member
    Another tarheel here. I'm from the Triad. I've been eating paleo fairly rigorously for a year and sorta paleo about a year before that and now I've taken the last 20 pounds off so I'm at my target weight. But paleo is much more than about losing weight it is primarily about your health. At my physical a couple weeks ago the PA was rather pleased with my condition but not nearly so much as as I am. Low blood pressure, low resting heart beat and not too shabby cholesterol levels.

HuskerBob, keep at it and when you fall off the wagon just get back on and keep moving forward.

haroldcrews is offline Junior Member
    Another tarheel here. I'm from the Triad. I've been eating paleo fairly rigorously for a year and sorta paleo about a year before that and now I've taken the last 20 pounds off so I'm at my target weight. But paleo is much more than about losing weight it is primarily about your health. At my physical a couple weeks ago the PA was rather pleased with my condition but not nearly so much as as I am. Low blood pressure, low resting heart beat and not too shabby cholesterol levels.

HuskerBob, keep at it and when you fall off the wagon just get back on and keep moving forward.

rgbytrtl is offline Junior Member
    Another fellow NC Primal newbie here too. I'm between Raleigh & FAY. I'm only 2 days in so not much to report just yet. Look forward to seeing ya'll on the boards and sharing ideas/recipes/encouragement.

Im from NC too I live in Greensboro. Welcome :-)