Thread: sick much...? page

Notch is offline Junior Member

sick much...?

Shop Now
    one of the things that has changed in my life since going primal is the cycle of colds and flues...

every year when the boy went back to school... he came back with a cold and it ran through the house...

the "office flue" would make its way through the studios a few times a year... got that too...

then there was the good old "honest to god flue"... would get that once every couple of years...

and then there was the occasional sore throat just feeling like crap for three or four days ride...

but since going primal i have not been sick ONCE.

the office flue, flew by a half dozen times... NADDA

Hank comes home sick... nothin

hard to resist habit of lickin doorknobs... now done with reckless abandon and no ill effects...

i have been primal for nearly 4 years now... THANK YOU MARK! and i have not been sick once. and now we are hearing all about the flue epidemic and... i'm not the least bit concerned, for myself. what does concern me is the collusion between the MDs and their overlords (BigPharma) that is keeping not just america, but most of the world, SICK. and it is sickening.

have you experienced the same thing? have you seen your immune system ramp up to the incredible machine that it once was? a machine that helped a band of balding apes, with little more than fingernails, a big juicy brain, and a stick, dominate an incredibly hostile environment?

i am interested to see how others have seen their cold/flue/ick cycle change...

MOLON LABE!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting topic and I have a similar experience. This past winter, my husband became very very sick AGAIN with a cold/flu. He gets the same virus every year at the same time. It takes him about 3 weeks to get healthy again and during those three weeks, he coughs, hacks, sneezes and breathes all over me -- especially at night. I continue to eat Primal and take my supplements daily and I have never yet succumbed to the same virus. I have asked my hubster if he would consider taking similar supplements and eliminating 100% wheat to which he replies: Supplements are unregulated. OKAY --- I don't push the conversation anymore than that but hello ---- who's the one getting sick EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS???!!! Anyway, all you can do is encourage and show love, and let hubster make his own decisions.

I've never taken supplements prior to Primal, but I do find being on them to be a big advantage --- I mean, I feel so much better on supplements and of course, I make bone broth weekly and have a cup of that almost daily. I believe that the combination of these lifestyle changes is helping to keep me healthy and happy. :-)
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    This has been my experience too, I haven't been sick at all in the year and a half I've been primal. In fact, before I went primal I would get a nagging case of bronchitis every single winter for 4 or 5 years like clockwork, but I didn't get it last winter, my first winter being primal. Also, while my classmates and coworkers are sniffling and miserable every other week, I'm as healthy as can be. My partner was sick with a relentless cold for nearly 2 weeks (he's going primal, but probably only 65/35 right now) earlier this fall and I never even got so much as a tickle in my throat from being around him every day. This is so great to me because in the past I would get every bug that was going around and was sick more often than I was not.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Been sort of curious about this myself. I've only been primal for just over 3 months now. Had not been sick for about a year I guess. So that's many months before I made the switch that I didn't get sick. But I did a little cheating over the holidays and wham-o I'm just winding down the first cold I've had. I wondered if it was related...? There's no way of knowing for sure but seems like an interesting coincidence.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Interesting topic and I have a similar experience. This past winter, my husband became very very sick AGAIN with a cold/flu. He gets the same virus every year at the same time. It takes him about 3 weeks to get healthy again and during those three weeks, he coughs, hacks, sneezes and breathes all over me -- especially at night. I continue to eat Primal and take my supplements daily and I have never yet succumbed to the same virus. I have asked my hubster if he would consider taking similar supplements and eliminating 100% wheat to which he replies: Supplements are unregulated. OKAY --- I don't push the conversation anymore than that but hello ---- who's the one getting sick EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS???!!! Anyway, all you can do is encourage and show love, and let hubster make his own decisions.

I've never taken supplements prior to Primal, but I do find being on them to be a big advantage --- I mean, I feel so much better on supplements and of course, I make bone broth weekly and have a cup of that almost daily. I believe that the combination of these lifestyle changes is helping to keep me healthy and happy. :-)
    Hey Lu, I hope you were able to take your trip? Sorry about DH.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I started cutting out grains last March. I also take cod liver oil supplement and my wife gives me vitamin C during winter months. I worked in a school for the five years leading up to June 2011 and got every cold and bug that was going. Up until Thursday I had no colds from March, even though my wife brought two home. I sort of started one yesterday but it really hasn't come to anything more than a slightly blocked nose and mild sore throat.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I have fought off several viruses this winter. When I am at my desk and people stand over me talking, talking, talking, I'm smelling their breath and every germ they have I'm inhaling. I'm somewhat of a germaphobe and this really bugs me! It's rude to say something about it or sit there with my hands over my nose, when I really want to push 'em back, push 'em back, push 'em way back.. Up until now I've always caught what they were giving, cussing them to DH as I suffer thru yet another cold/flu. This season, I get it and feel woozy and nasal drip comes for several hrs but nothing else. I think it's the bone broth and the vitamin d3, and I take cod liver oil capsules daily as of 2 wks ago.

peril is offline Senior Member
    When colds are going around I sometimes feel a little off for a couple of days, but nothing like the symptoms that most get. Is good
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I still got sick. However, it was REALLY short. I was expecting to be sniffling for a month and it's lasted maybe a week. Impressive...

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    When colds are going around I sometimes feel a little off for a couple of days, but nothing like the symptoms that most get. Is good
    Yep. Same thing here. I went through a couple of feeling off days recently and was sweating a lot at nite too. But that was it.