Thread: just discovered and signed up page

icalldoovers is offline Junior Member

just discovered and signed up

Primal Fuel
    Hi. I am new to this and am wondering if it is necessary to purchase all the "extras" or is the information in the book enough to begin a weight loss? I have yet to buy the book but am very interested. In the past 4 years I have managed to lose 70 lbs and keep it off. Really changed my eating habits and the way I see food but am stuck. I wish to lose 30 more pounds or so. I heard about this site from a customer of mine and would like more information before I invest a ton of $$. It sure didn't cost a lot to get fat ( lol ) and I don't think we should have to go bankrupt getting thin. I'm not knocking the program or lifestyle change, and am ready get on board. I'd just like a little feedback. I'm a single mom and I really jsut want to be around to see my grandkids, someday. I appreciate any input.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    No need to "invest" a lot of money on products. The only purchase really is the Primal Blueprint, and perhaps the new book that Mark has just released -- that's all you need to start. There's lots of information under the "Start Here" icon of the website. Primal life is pretty simple: Eliminate all the toxic foods (sugar, grains etc), and eat the healthy foods (veggies, meat, fat). Experiment with the dairy and fruit/nuts. That's about the extent of it. Congratulations for losing the first 70lbs --- takes dedication and a willingness to change. Enjoy your primal journey. I would never go back to eating CW.

Best, Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icalldoovers View Post
    Hi. I am new to this and am wondering if it is necessary to purchase all the "extras" or is the information in the book enough to begin a weight loss? I have yet to buy the book but am very interested. In the past 4 years I have managed to lose 70 lbs and keep it off. Really changed my eating habits and the way I see food but am stuck. I wish to lose 30 more pounds or so. I heard about this site from a customer of mine and would like more information before I invest a ton of $$. It sure didn't cost a lot to get fat ( lol ) and I don't think we should have to go bankrupt getting thin. I'm not knocking the program or lifestyle change, and am ready get on board. I'd just like a little feedback. I'm a single mom and I really jsut want to be around to see my grandkids, someday. I appreciate any input.
    Chronic stress is anathema to ancestral health. That's the first thing you want to stop doing. Look at this as a fun adventure, because it is one.

You're gonna be fine. Start with the book, you'll refine things over time. Even before you get through the book, just google the 10 Primal Blueprint Laws and get started.

Ignore all the bickering and dietary hacks on here for at least the first year or two. No silly all-potato diets or IF for you yet. Just eat real food (plants & animals), move around a bunch (short & intense sometimes, long & not intense mostly), avoid falling off cliffs and ingesting poisons. Start with the 10 PB Laws. Easy peasy.

SarahChzBurg is offline Junior Member
    Get the book and spend some money stocking up on organic produce and grass fed delicious meats! You'll be all set! You may find yourself wanting to start Crossfit if you spend enough time on the paleo sites...and that can add up $$$
    Sarah
    Primal on a budget in Sugar Land, TX
    SarahChzBurg's Primal Journal

icalldoovers is offline Junior Member
    thanks so much!!! very helpful....

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Initially, it may seem that you're spending more on food based on cost of what you may have been used to before on CW, however, in the long run eating wholesome nutritious foods, you'll be eating less often, and the foods you're eating will satiate you much longer.

By all means, read the book first, and stick with it. As RichMahogany said above, ignore the hacks and other such things! You'll be much happier in the long run. Good luck!!!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I echo what others said. Buy The Primal Blueprint or see if your local library has it.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson