Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke DETOX, worse than booze ! page

thedannymartin is offline Junior Member

Diet Coke DETOX, worse than booze !

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey

Thought I would share my story, it may help someone.

I went primal only 3 weeks ago and instantly stopped drinking Diet Coke. For the past 5 years I have had at least 1.5L a day, but probably on average and 2.5L...I drank the stuff like water. 3 weeks ago I began to experience dizziness, sore throat and other symptoms which I initially put down to carb flu or actual flu!

The dizziness got really severe though, I would walk round and think I was going to stumble, lie down and still feel light-headed. I actually got concerned and went to my doctors after 2 weeks, they are doing bloods but my doc was puzzled as to what could be causing it.

This week I have slowly been getting better, and today I feel a big 'foggy' but nothing as bad as before. I was sitting last night and suddenly thought 'I've not had a diet coke for 3 weeks - go me' and it hit me. I have withdrawn from the stuff and I'm sure the dizziness and all that crap is linked!

Anyone else experienced this? 4 years ago I ditched the booze, and although part of my recovery was a 10 day Librium detox I still didn't suffer as much as coming off damn diet coke!

Peace,
    Dx
    Last edited by thedannymartin; 01-11-2013 at 05:33 AM.

MiffWick76 is offline Junior Member
    I quit Diet Coke before and had the same thing happen. It's horrible. I would also get horrible headaches and had a very short fuse with anyone around me. All I wanted to do was sleep and be left alone. Unfortunately, I started drinking the stuff again. I started primal a couple weeks ago and I'm slowly weening myself off of it. I hope to be completely off of it by the end of next week. You sir are a trooper for going cold turkey. Diet Coke can really mess with you.

Ha, Thanks! Although If I'd had known this I'd have slowly weened myself off it as-well

Archaeloidic is offline Junior Member
    It's the aspartame...

Just can't believe I have been blind to it all this time..

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Are you dropping all caffeine now, or just the diet coke?

I'm still having 1, max 2 coffees a day...this good or not?!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedannymartin View Post
    I'm still having 1, max 2 coffees a day...this good or not?!
    Nah, it's fine. I was just wondering if caffeine withdrawal might be the cause. But since you still have coffee then that is certainly not the cause. I'm glad I never got into the diet soda fad myself.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My daughter got into that habit for a while, at that level of consumption, and ended up with daily massive debilitating headaches. I did the Sherlock Holmes thing, concluded it was the diet Coke, and decided to do a cold-turkey withdrawal test before we went trooping off to the doc. Guess what disappeared, never to be felt again...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Archaeloidic is offline Junior Member

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast