Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke DETOX, worse than booze ! page 5

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbag View Post
    good news for everybody; no maggots has been obseved in diet coke to this very day! On the other hand, lots of maggots has been obseved in primal food such as beef liver and meat - so watch out! - the maggots loves your meat, but they don't like to drink diet coke...
    lolol
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I was a volunteer on the ambulance for many years and what got me re coke, was they used it to dissolve the blood off the road after a nasty !!! It also takes short work to dissolve a nail ........so my concern is, what is it doing to your insides if this is true ????
    Not judging Gorbag - My children drink it, but I refuse to buy it for them.......and they are 27, 25 and 17....so I suppose I can't force food choices on them
    When you vomit next time, fill the stomach acid into a bottle and then put a nail in the liquid. After some time the nail may dissolve completely! Try to put a cobber coin in ketchup or vinagre and observe what happens? Ordinary Coke will be very acid due to both sugar and gas, so that may explain why you can use it to clean up coagulated blood in the road.

People used to have the same irrational fear related to coffee and tea when these were introduced to the Europeans in the 17 th century and some still think they are harmful, even if science in meta-studies on more than 30.000 people have shown that coffee drinkers lives longer and have a better health than people that don't drink it.

But irrational opinions related to food products will always exist, like religious beliefs, but my bet is au contraire that DietCoke is indeed very healthy, and it also helps me to detox my body when fasting, so I cannot other to laugh about the obsessive scaremongery from Paleobird and other posters related to a good alternative to sugar, HFCS or prosessed fruit Juice...

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    People used to have the same irrational fear related to coffee and tea when these were introduced to the Europeans in the 17 th century and some still think they are harmful, even if science in meta-studies on more than 30.000 people have shown that coffee drinkers lives longer and have a better health than people that don't drink it.
    Women said tea was evil because men went to coffee houses and drank it all day instead of staying home and being a "more attentive husband." Another popular legend was that when tea was first popularized, women weren't allowed to drink it because it would give them too many "lustful energies." So, ladies couldn't get it, and weren't allowed to try. Nice.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Women said tea was evil because men went to coffee houses and drank it all day instead of staying home and being a "more attentive husband." Another popular legend was that when tea was first popularized, women weren't allowed to drink it because it would give them too many "lustful energies." So, ladies couldn't get it, and weren't allowed to try. Nice.
    LOL, and other controversies before that as well, when trying to introduce coffee to Europe:

"However, the introduction of coffee into Europe was not without controversy. According to many accounts, a group of Christian clerics tried to have coffee banned before it had become widely available. They came to Pope Clement VIII (1535-1605), claiming that coffee was for Satan's followers, and that Christians who drank it might lose their souls to the Devil. But before Pope Clement would ban coffee he insisted on tasting it. After drinking his first cup, the Pope was so impressed with the flavour that he reasoned that such a drink could not possibly be the work of Satan, and instead declared that coffee should be baptized to make it a true Christian drink."

History of Coffee Part II - Spread of Coffee to Europe | Galla Coffee

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    A fried of mine drank that stuff and had horrible health problems, she had migraines that lasted for days on end. Made her feel suicidal. She died of a brain aneurism. Really made me wonder.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Good news for everybody; no maggots has been obseved in Diet Coke to this very day! On the other hand, lots of maggots has been obseved in primal food such as beef liver and meat - so watch out! - the maggots loves your meat, but they don't like to drink diet Coke...
    Clever maggots
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I've had caffeine withdrawal from diet coke, but it only took about 4 days for me to get over it. I never had anything that lasted 3 weeks that I noticed...

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    A little bit of caffeine is ok. But too much is bad. It's a diuretic, it increases cortisol, and increases mental stress along with symptoms of anxiety and depression.

My bet is that these days in the USA, caffeine consumption has increased dramatically. Look at all the caffein stuff they have, energy drinks, energy shots, diet pills, soft drinks, and the list goes on. Now days they always have a 2 for a lower price sale on sodas and energy drinks. It's because its a sure tactic to get people to buy more. If you buy one, but its cheaper to buy 2, you'll be more likely to buy 2 even though you only wanted 1, and because of that you'll be more likely to drink the 2nd one too. Drink the second one and you're more likely to get addicted, then you'll surely be back to buy more.

It can't be good. I had to quit caffein cold turkey because I had become addicted to it and was drinking WAY too much. I would get so wired that I wasn't thinking right anymore, couldn't relax, and had to take sleeping pills to get to sleep. My plan is to kick it completely for a while, and perhaps eventually and ideally resort to just a small cup of coffee in the mornings or before my workouts.

So far I kicked it for a day. My head hurt so bad you wouldn't believe it. I even threw up.

That's all I have to say. Have a little tea or what ever. But don't be stupid.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    A little bit of caffeine is ok. But too much is bad. It's a diuretic, it increases cortisol, and increases mental stress along with symptoms of anxiety and depression.

My bet is that these days in the USA, caffeine consumption has increased dramatically. Look at all the caffein stuff they have, energy drinks, energy shots, diet pills, soft drinks, and the list goes on. Now days they always have a 2 for a lower price sale on sodas and energy drinks. It's because its a sure tactic to get people to buy more. If you buy one, but its cheaper to buy 2, you'll be more likely to buy 2 even though you only wanted 1, and because of that you'll be more likely to drink the 2nd one too. Drink the second one and you're more likely to get addicted, then you'll surely be back to buy more.

It can't be good. I had to quit caffein cold turkey because I had become addicted to it and was drinking WAY too much. I would get so wired that I wasn't thinking right anymore, couldn't relax, and had to take sleeping pills to get to sleep. My plan is to kick it completely for a while, and perhaps eventually and ideally resort to just a small cup of coffee in the mornings or before my workouts.

So far I kicked it for a day. My head hurt so bad you wouldn't believe it. I even threw up.

That's all I have to say. Have a little tea or what ever. But don't be stupid.
    Yeah, no. Caffeine stimulates metabolism, which drives need for glucose up. Simply keeping your glucose storage up will negate all stress related symptoms associated with caffeine in which it is only a powerful antioxidant with tremendous benefits.

Caffeine is especially protective for mental health and caffeine consumers have less suicide rates. It's well documented. Also, even mainstream sites take notice of the benefits it has on mental health in women: Coffee Drinking Linked to Less Depression in Women - NYTimes.com

this is because it has a strong parallel to progesterone, stimulating its production. We all know progesterone opposes estrogen.

I bet you anything your only problem was you drank coffee black on an empty stomach or only alongside a bunch of fat only.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Aspartame is a very clear migraine trigger for me, I haven't had a diet Coke in many years because I know I will have a headache within 30 minutes of drinking it. It lurks in odd places too, I was seeing a neurologist during a spate of migraines (triggered by nerve damage from a tooth extraction) and she gave me samples of a fast acting, dissolving medication. I took one look at the label and handed them straight back to her, they contained aspartame.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast