Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiming for 100%, about 10kg weight loss and no more asthma page

nuraan is offline Senior Member

Aiming for 100%, about 10kg weight loss and no more asthma

Shop Now
    Been 80-90% for a while ... but getting sick regularly and not losing weight

Decided to re-evaluate and aim for 100%

current weight: 148 / 67kg
    goal weight: 120 / 55kg
    height: 1.62m

started 2 days ago:

I have a tblsp coconut oil and a glass of water after i wake up

breakfast is normally a 2-3 egg omlette with black coffee sometimes with a fruit (1/2 banana or small peach)

lunch is grilled chicken/no carb fishcakes with salad: rocket, cucumber, tomato, handful nuts and a tsp dried pomegranate arils

Had some coffee with cream

Supper was hake fried in butter with chillie and garlic and a bit of green salad and for dessert a handful of blueberries with heavy cream

I drink lots of water and herbal tea throughout the day - i have a maximum of 2 cups of coffee a day

I exercise 3-4 days a week:

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays Im at the gym doing weights and HIIT on the stepper/bike - i want to try some yoga also soon
    Saturdays - I walk the dogs on the beach ... and try some sprints (or rather i get them to pull me on their leash which normally results in my version of a sprint)

Will continue as is for a bit - been having a bit of carb flu - headaches etc so once this eases off I'll incorporate some IF

had a good weekend ... just still feeling a bit groggy ... carbflu i think - headache and a bit of nausea. but i was completely on track with my eats. Had just about the same types of meals over the weekend without feeling the urge for anything out of bounds. My hubbie joined me and he's feeling energetic and lost 2cm round his waist over the past few days - i already feel less bloated also down 2 cm at waist although i have no real change in weight i also had no weaziness which was awesome and slept better this week - so alls looking positive and keen to keep at it.

had a crap workout last night, could only do half my normal routine at the gym ... was tired, nauseous and had a headache while hubbie was beaming with energy - said he could just keep on exercising wtf is up with that - i know its carb flu but in general i eat much less carbs than him so cant understand why he's not experiencing any problems - dont get me wrong i feel happy for him but im feeling like i was run over by a bus. I guess i have to just grin and bear until my energy levels start going up

Been eating well - eggs with 1/2 banana for breakfast & chicken salad with a green salad for lunch & handful of nuts & chicken curry (without the potatoes and rice) with some cream cheese and later a handful of blueberries with a little cream

BUT

exercise was once again a disaster - i had no energy and wasnt able to finish my usual workout

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Look like a good plan.
    Good luck. I can't do anything less than 100% it effs me up big time, but I don't miss anything
    Hopefully the energy kicks in soon, do you think you are getting enough fat?

Thanks Ayla.

Since going 100% in the last few days, the biggest positive changes were the reduced cravings and Hubbie and i both feel more satisfied when eating eating less. I also havent had a weazy chest even though i've had as much cream, cream cheese and
    butter as i wanted.

I'll try more fat and see if the energy comes back ... since starting up with 100% again i realised that i previously focused more on protein than fat so i still feel a bit apprehensive about having too much fat but will definitely not let that stop me from experimenting with more.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it takes a while to get away from that "fat is bad" mindset we are brainwashed into
    Check out the Eat moar fat thread There is a formula in there for working out your macros

Been having my monthly craving for sweet stuff the past few days and lost the cheesecake and chocolate battle this weekend so not surprised this morning to see that i'm 2kg up from my weigh in on the 11th when i started - was 67kg now 69 although my waist measurement remained the same - i dont crave as much as i use to so not sure if this was just the craving or a bit of a habit as well .

i think its just the normal female stuff but i'm going to have reel it in just to be on the safe side - i think i should only have a few berries for desert with cream and leave all other fruit until i reach my goal. Will check my weight in a few days to see if its made a difference.

I skipped gym for a few days and feel better - maybe i was just a bit tired and needed a break but i'll be going tonight and hoping my energy levels will be ok.

Besides the cheesecake and chocolate cheats ... i had the following yesterday:

- 3 poached eggs with cream cheese for breakfast
    - Chicken breast thinly sliced and covered in tandoori spice, salt and pepper and fried in butter with green salad
    - supper was lamb braised in butter with onion, chilli, stick cinnamon, cardamon and star anise till very soft then left to simmer with tomato paste

hi everyone

I've been very good yesterday ...

had a tblsp coconut oil in the morning and black coffee & water
    ate first meal at lunchtime- had 2 boiled eggs and some beef tongue (yum) with a green salad
    some chicken with green salad for supper and a handful of black and blue berries with cream for dessert

Felt really good after waiting for a few hours to eat. Will try it again today as a buildup to IF sometime soon.

Couldnt make it to the gym - so did some work with a resistance band - not as much work as i would like but will focus on lifting heavy things today

Had my first early night in months ... need to focus on getting enough sleep every day (I'm really bad at this) I need to be up by 5am to be in time for work at 8am so need to get to bed by about 9pm which isnt always possible when i usually get home from gym at 8pm 3 times a week - i need to plan better but will get there

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast