Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aiming for 100%, about 10kg weight loss and no more asthma page 3

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    didnt feel like eating much yesterday after the cake so just had some nuts and mussels and my swig of coconut oil last night. bit weird since i normally get hungry soon after eating sweet stuff and didnt get that. This morning i had some coffee with a bit of cream and for lunch i had boiled eggs with sweet potato, a few strawberries, chicken biltong and lemon water. though i was intending to carb up i only got about 40g with the sweet potato thusfar ... will see how it goes the rest of the day.
    had a sore neck this morning - everyone at work are taking turns getting sick and im hoping im not next on the list - flu really sucks big time
    i'll be doing some weights again tonight - looking forward to it hope it goes well

still struggling to get my stuff sorted early so i can get more sleep - if only i had more people to delegate except me, myself and i

no flu YAY (for now at least)

Had an awesome workout last night - i think my body likes the sweet potatoes

I had some haddock late afternoon with the rest of the sweet potato and some banana eggs for supper (2 eggs and 2 bananas) so in total i had just over 100g carbs - i was expecting it to be much higher - but i was satisfied and happy with what i had - i tried to keep the fat low yesterday as well

i've decided to do this again on Friday - i think as long as i dont go crazy with the carbs i will feel much better - and the more energy i have the better my workouts wil be

again a late night after gym i had loads to do so ended up in bed after 11pm and only got about 6 hours sleep

Had some coconut oil, butter and coffee for breakfast ... plan to have some braised ostrich mince and salad for lunch

Was totally busted last night - really tired - actually fell asleep on my way home from work which i never do.

Had some lamb chops last night and coffee with cream and some dark chocolate also had some cashews with periperi and chicken biltong - sounds alot but were all small portions - having some lamb/coriander sausage, egg and salad today and some coffee with butter for breakfast - still undecided for supper. got gym tonight - will see how it goes

I'll have some grilled sweet potato cubes in my salad tomorrow - forgot to make them last night so wont have it today

Tomorrow is weigh in, last week was lousy weight-wise hope all the numbers are moving in the right direction this time round: weight, cm, fat% and muscle mass%

Still need to get more ZZzzz

forgot to mention earlier:

My hubbies been having much better results than me even though we've been doing this together and he cheats about twice a week. Its almost a month and he lost 4kg and 6cm off his waist ( the bit that he's always wanted to reduce) - he was always hungry but can now go without food and not be fazed - its the first plan that he can follow long term without feeling deprived. I think my higher body fat% means that even though i am losing fat, i'm also gaining muscle and as a result i dont always see the numbers that i want

weighed 67kg and waist measurements stayed the same since last week... will check my fat% and muscle mass tonight at gym. still need to cut out dairy completely - i also think i might be having too much nuts. I'm having a spoon of coconut oil and coffee with butter for breakfast and will try to do this every day from now on - when blended i can pretend its cream. I'll have my first "meal" for the day at 1pm and my last one by 8pm latest.

I introduced my brother to PB and he lost 3kg and 2cm off his waist in his first week - he's got lots to lose so the initial loss was a huge motivator - he said his whole family is also enjoying the primal meals

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Nuraan, you are so lucky to have your husband and brother on board with primal, I hope it is making it easier for you.

Regarding your coffee, why not put real cream in it? I don't understand why you have to "pretend" with butter.

Best wishes for your goals.

Thanks Annie - ive been doing it on my ownsome for a while so its really nice to share with someone close and to keep my mindset focused when i'm feeling a bit tempted.
    I'm not satisfied with my weight loss - i've been within the same weight range for ages so I'm trying to tweek what i eat to see what works best for me - I tend to overdo dairy and since i also have asthma - i thought it might be better to try going without - i will have some cream once in a while as a treat rather than everyday in my morning coffee and the butter gives me energy and curbs the hunger till lunch.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    But surely butter and cream are the same product? After all, churn cream long enough and it turns to butter.

Hi Annie - I would guess if its heavy cream yes it would be the same - but i cant always get heavy so settle for whipping which seems to have much more milk and less fat in it. I also found in the past that my asthma flares up when i drink milk and i make the most amazing chocolate mousse with cream and cream cheese and tend to go overboard ... so if it has more milk in it i dont want to chance getting sick and fat ... maybe im wrong but thats my logic so please dont take my word for it ... i'm just trying to find what works for me.

i've picked up a stomach bug ... so avoided the gym just in case i ended up doing more sprinting than is primally required.

i had some turkey drumstick with salad for lunch/supper but not much

will have my normal coffee today with some lamb chops and salad for lunch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast