Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aiming for 100%, about 10kg weight loss and no more asthma page 2

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    again no breakfast yesterday and feeling good ... had coffee and water until lunch time then had lamb stew and a green salad and a bit of fish with salad for supper and the usual indulgence cream and berries

Had school meetings last night straight from work until 9pm ... then helped kids with homework, supper, odds and ends so missed my workout and went to bed at 11pm ... so a late night as well - will have to make up today

I'm really turning a corner with the foods im eating lately if i compare it to what i ate before ... i couldnt understand why i stalled for months before and still felt hungry and not losing weight - i'm much more focused on getting more fats, a moderate amount of protein and as little carbs as possible now and as clean as possible and feel the difference - i'm not as hungry - even when i ate the cheesecake - i think i did it out of habit rather than need - it actually seems possible to do this as a way of life and not a means to a short term end

only had coffee and water yesterday morning till lunch time and for lunch had chicken fillets fried in butter with some green salad ... had a handful of macadamians and a few berries late afternoon and coffee with cream and the evening didnt feel like eating so just had the rest of the berries with cream.

did weights and tried some pilates and went to bed at 10pm

Feeling a bit pissed off - our neighbour chased off four guys that he saw stealing stuff from our backyard last night but i'm grateful that they didnt decide to try to get into the house or didnt get a chance to do so - house doesnt feel as safe as it use to ... need to work on my stress levels today

hey there ... been really hectic today so only just managed to post something and have breakfast/lunch (at 4pm) ... i cant remember ever not feeling hungry the way i've been lately, but its all good . Amazingly ... i had no asthma problems since i started aiming for 100% especially since i wasnt holding back on butter and cream - really awesome result - i remember how shit i felt just a few weeks ago - sick the entire two weeks i was on leave and saw the new year in with asthma induced bronchitis so glad for the positive result thusfar

Yesterday was similar to the day before exept for dinner i had an egg, some smoked mussels and some avo ... weird combo for me but i liked it

Going to gym again tonight ... hope that will be good as well ... enjoy your weekend everyone

Did my weigh in on Saturday so since i started 2 weeks ago:

lost 1 kg (now 66kg) and 4cm of my waist -

been lousy with my sleeping and exercise ... so need to focus on that

I've had my normal meals this weekend and some dark chocolate on Saturday

i think i need to have less dairy / cream - been overloading a bit ... had a hectic sinus headache yesterday and my blood pressure was a bit weird ... 155/78 last night and 132/63 this morning ... i sometimes take herbal meds if it gets too high - i was hypertensive for years averaging 190/90 and went back to normal levels after i lost the weight. Had 1/2 a tab last night which i guess is what brought it down - just not sure why it was so high last night - maybe my body is a bit stressed with all the changes or its the sinus thing ... who knows. My brother in law died as a result of a stroke a few months ago at 46years old so i try to keep a regular check on things. Im a bit disappointed since its been good for a while now.

Yesterday I had coffee and water in the morning, roast leg of lamb with salad and 2 eggs for breakfast/lunch at 12.00pm, small banana and chicken biltong, chicken curry with cream cheese and salad for supper and blackberries with cream & cream cheese for dessert ... way too much dairy, i'm going overboard since i know i can have it (and its soo yummy) need to get a grip...

Headache got me down and out so didnt manage much exercise as well couldnt sleep as well ... other half was watching Tiger till late

Will try to focus on getting things right today ... i guess i'll get there eventually

had the best thinly sliced fried (in butter) spicy chicken breast last night, with garlic butter mushrooms and salad ... i also had some sauerkraut for the first time ever in my life and even though it tasted rubbish on its own, when combined with the rest of the meal it was really good ... i skipped the cream and berries for dessert last night but had a little cream in my coffee this morning (sounds a bit pathetic not being to give it up i know) also had a spoonful of coconut oil and 4 figs.
    its a beautiful cool, cloudy day today - a relief after the hot windy few days we've had so looking forward to my workout later today

Good workout last night ... had egg and leftovers for lunch and some blackberries and a handful of nuts after the workout. For supper i had braised beef mince with vegtables, garlic and chillies and some salad and no blueberries and cream

I must find ways to save time ... i got home from gym at 8pm, fed dogs, showered, helped kids with homework, made supper, ate ... etc etc and only got to bed after 11pm - way too little sleep

making a conscious effort to put a smile on my face and project a positive attitude today

still trying to keep things positive - most people smile back when i smile at them and the rest that think i'm nuts doesnt matter - at least i'm a happy nut

had eggs AGAIN and some leftover beef with sauerkraut,salad and beef tongue (I LUV tongue ) for breakfast/lunch, some green mango and pecans for a snack and for supper had haddock cooked in butter with a stirfry, salad and more sauerkraut (apparently its good for your digestion - we'll have to see about that) . Had a bit of dark chocolate for dessert and only had cream in my coffee in the morning and after supper. Skipping breakfast (except for creamy coffee) has become a norm - i feel uncomforable now if i eat early. This morning i had some coconut oil and a creamy coffee for breakfast - will avoid coffee for the rest of the day.

My blood pressure was 116/68 this morning (hadnt taken any meds since Monday night) and my heartrate seems high 72 its normally around 60 resting ??? Need to up my electrolytes i guess.

I dont think i've lost weight will check tomorrow for my weekly weigh in but i feel stronger/firmer - i'll be doing some HIIT on the stepper tonight and some weights

had a late night couldn't sleep - i think its the coffee

Had good and bad results - my weight was 69 this morning which is 3kg up and my waist measurement also went up by 1cm. My muscle mass reading has increased by 1/2 kg and fat percentage has gone down 1.5% in the past 2 weeks. SOOOO ... i'm hoping the increase in weight is muscle and water weight but to be on the safe side i'm going to cut the dairy (Cream, Cream cheese and mascapone + dark chocolate ) for a week or two to see if it makes a difference - bit of a bummer since i like it so much - but its the only way to be sure.

had eggs with stir fry for breakfast. Ostrich mince with eggplant and mushrooms for lunch and cabbage & lamb stew for supper yesterday (really good) and some dark chocolate and strawberries for a snack

Still struggling to get enough sleep and still focusing on staying positive

PrimalCon New York
    been a bad bad girl ... had some red velvet cake for a breakfast birthday party ... was delish tho very rich so didnt go hectic BUT feeling really bad about it - i went there hungry so need to make sure I eat before i go to any other functions. i will have to be seriously good for the rest of the day. had a heavy gym session last night so will pretend that this mornings indulgence was needed to restore my glycogen levels.

Hubbie and i are thinking of doing a once a week carb up since we are normally low (about 30 - excluding the odd cake here and there) not a major one maybe just some roasted sweet potato once a week to up it to about 100-150. We've read in one of the threads that its good for weight loss, energy and leptin levels - i'll only know if i try it. I will also have my swig of coconut oil before i sleep and not in the morning as i've been doing. Here's hoping the tweeking will eventually get me to my personal "sweet spot"

Yesterday I had eggs for breakfast and leftovers for lunch and supper. Snacked on some berries and nuts - had no dairy.

My heartrate went through the roof during my workout (not sure if i need to be concerned about that) noticed it when i did HIIT on the stepper so only did 15 minutes instead of the normal 20 then cooled down on the bike for a bit before i did some weights focusing on legs and abs and ended my workout on the powerplate. I still dont have my normal endurance and strength/energy although my body feels firmer and stronger (if that makes sense) must be carb flu / progression / changes ... i'm also supplementing with magnesium (at night), iron, omega 3, and multi (4x week) and i have water with lemon juice and pinch of salt every now and then (apparently for electrolytes). My blood pressure is still low (for me) 114/72 last night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast