Thread: So far so good page

Lycan is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up So far so good

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

I started getting into the primal lifestyle roughly around Christmas time and thought I share my results. Original thread here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread73082.html

I have to say the results so far has been impressive, I have lost body fat while retaining lean muscle mass and lost overall body weight as well. When I started I was 76kgs and around 18% body fat, I did fall off the wagon over the festive period a little but nevertheless I have since then been lucky enough to be able to source grass fed meat and organic produce from local farms.

Definitely feeling fuller for longer while eating much lesser than I did on a grain based diet. I didn't cut dairy completely as I do like to have a cup of coffee a day with some milk or cream in it and that has been okay so far.
    My strength levels dropped for the first week dramatically but then came back to normal (In progress) for all my lifts in the gym too. So to say that I am pleased with the results would be an understatement!!

When I started eating primal this was where I was

Week1:
    Weight:168.96LBS (76.8Kgs)
    Bf%:18.2
    Bench Press:180lbs 1RM; Squat:245lbs 1RM: Deadlift:295lbs 1RM

Week2: This one was quite hard, my strength dropped on my lifts and i did have a few sugar withdrawals but nothing too bad
    Weight:166.98lbs (75.9kgs)
    Bf:17.7% (On body fat scales but I do need to get proper calipers)
    Bench Press:143lbs 1RM; Squat:196lbs 1RM: Deadlift:236lbs 1RM

Week3: Strength slowly coming back and lean muscle seems intact for the most part
    Weight:164.12lbs (74.6kgs)
    Bf:17%
    Bench Press:163lbs 1RM; Squat:223lbs 1RM: Deadlift:262lbs 1RM

I am hoping by week 4 or 5 I will be back to where i was strength wise.

So I am definitely a believer I will keep eating primal and I dont even miss grains and sugar anymore Its excellent Will post pictures soon, just wanted to share in the meanwhile
    Last edited by Lycan; 01-11-2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Weight:164.12lbs (74.6kgs);Bf:17%

peril is offline Senior Member
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry. You really haven't been here long enough to post success. Good luck on your journey. I look forward to seeing your success report next year
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Lycan is offline Junior Member
    No worries, I guess I should have worded it more as progress than success That's why I figured so far so good would be fitting. All is well though I am enjoying eating this way. I must admit I was skeptical at first but as I said 'so far so good' I'm quite glad I found eating primal
    Weight:164.12lbs (74.6kgs);Bf:17%

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    That peril person was just rude. Congrats on your good progress so far and keep at it!

Montco is offline Member
    Keep it up man! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
    SW: TBD lbs / CW: TBD lbs / GW: 185 lbs