Page 1 of 350 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuno1chi's Guinea Pig Journal of Discovery page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Question Kuno1chi's Guinea Pig Journal of Discovery

Primal Fuel
    So...I've never had journal before, because I usually feel that what I'm doing is not all that interesting. I've been Primal since August 09, and have never felt better. Although I feel fantastic, and all my labs agree with me, I still want to lose some fat, so I am going to try a litle experiment.

Within the PB, there's lots of room for personal variation. You can go Carnivore, and very low-carb, and eat lots of fats and proteins. You can be more of an Omnivore, eat more veggies, and keep fats and proteins a little lower. Different plans work for different people, and both of them work for me. I've noticed that when I switch from one to another, though, I do best in the first week or two, then return to kind of a status quo. So my question is, "What if I switched up more frequently, like every week or two?" Hmmmm.

So I've been a primarily a Carnivore for the past week, and it's been awesome. I have worked my way through some Roasted Lamb Leg, some Pork Belly, some bacon, etc. Yum. Tarlach would be proud of me :-D Tomorrow is Farmer's Market Day in San Francisco, so the plan is to re-stock on veggies and start Omnivore tomorrow.

I'll post my start weight and measurements (gonna be painful), what I eat, and try to plug it into FitDay for some kind of accountability. At the end of the week, I'll be looking to see how things proceed...maybe stick with Omni, or switch back to Carni.

BTW: I'm a 51-year old female, 5-9; fairly active, but with a knee injury which prevents me from doing squats and lunges. I currently unemployed, so money is tight and had to put my gym membership on hold. I do bodyweight stuff at home three times a week or so, and walk up and down hills a couple of hours every day.

Thanks for stopping by <3

maba is offline Senior Member
    Yay Kuno! So glad to see you start a journal. It'll be interesting to see your experiment. All the best to you.

I'm planning to make your spinach tonight, but will sub swiss chards for the spinach and liver for mushroom. Lol - the end product won't look anything like yours but I'm sure the mixture of spices will make it yummy nevertheless.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    I'll be checking out your journal so maybe that'll help for accountability.

I find I do really well on the Carnivore...less cravings, etc. But I don't think I've kept my fat high enough.

I am about to restart my journaling myself and my Fitday. For accountability.

Good luck and am here with you!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

@maba: I know your version will come out beautifully!!! I think the liver will be brilliant with the combination of spices. You can probably take the amount of Ghee from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup, though. Remember, I was the Queen of Pork Belly last week, so I was having a love affair with fat (the leftovers were alarmingly congealed the next day). Hey, thanks for your support <3

@jr: Let's be accountable---together :-D

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Kuno1chi, I'm so glad you started a journal! I love lurking on journals and yours will be true lurky goodness. What you're doing is interesting to a lot of us, I assure you. I'm particularly interested to learn more about how your carnivore/omnivore cycle goes. Go go guinea pig lioness!

"Lurky Goodness".

I think that's gonna be my new Facebook status. Thanks!!!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I am very interested to see how this goes! It should be interesting. I like the idea a lot!

I'll try to do a good job of keeping track, Diana :-)

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Yay! I'm so glad you're going to journal your experiment.

I've found myself doing a couple days carnivore, then I really crave a BAS.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You have the best journal name EVAH! :-)

I look forward to reading what's going on!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Page 1 of 350 1231151101 ... LastLast