Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu shots page

janie is offline Senior Member

Flu shots

Primal Fuel
    I didn't get a flu shot this year as I learned that unless you can get an individual dose vaccine (I tried but it wasn't available), you will be exposed to preservatives, including mercury. Since I'm older, my doc had even recommended a double dose now available for seniors. Well, I didn't do it and now am reading news stories saying that if you haven't gotten it, you'd better as it is going to be bad.

What do yo think? Did you get a flu shot or do you think the vaccine carries more risk than benefit?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I believe all vaccines are not worth the risk.
    But I looked into this for a long time before deciding that. But that is the simple answer for our family.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    As a medical professional, I do not get the yearly flu vaccine. Neither do half my coworkers.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    OP: I believe you made a wise choice.

10% of the workforce where I work were laid off sick today with flu.

I have only caught flu once in my lifetime and have taken a flu vaccine once in my lifetime. It took about 100 x longer to get over the adverse affects of the vaccine than it did to recover from flu.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Vaccinations can cause hypothyroidism. Not only that, vaccines actually put you at more risk for illnesses, eg; seasonal flu shot doubles your risk for h1n1.

Another example, Spanish flu was caused by vaccinations. The only ones who did not get Spanish flu were the ones who declined the vaccine.
    nihil

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the no-shot group. I've had the flu twice in my life. The shot makes me sick every time, however. I'm not cavalier about the flu, I know it's a nasty disease that can kill, but the shot makes me sick guaranteed and the last time I had it I ended up in the hospital. So, no shot for me. I think the only immunization I get these days is my tetanus booster.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

There were no vaccinations available when Spanish flu was doing the rounds.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

I think the Spanish flu vaccine was the first vaccine
    nihil

Er ... I suspect you are saying that contracting Spanish flu was the first infection to steel the immune system against Spanish flu?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast